Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

If Jonas is playing more centrally and Santon cuts in Jonas will probably naturally drift out wide somewhat to compensate for any narrowness from santon.

He's brilliant at passing, keeping the ball and carrying it on the ground up the pitch. If he stays fit next season he'll be brilliant I expect, clearly wasn't quite ready for the physicality of the league in his first few appearances but by end had caught up.

My only concern is that all our wide players and fullbacks, except Simpson, are playing on their weaker foot. It might be nice to have more width at times. I guess we can introduce Marveaux and Obertan when needed.

Santon specifically, I'm more than happy to see him continue on the left.

My only concern is that all our wide players and fullbacks, except Simpson, are playing on their weaker foot. It might be nice to have more width at times. I guess we can introduce Marveaux and Obertan when needed.

Santon specifically, I'm more than happy to see him continue on the left.

Sorry, I had to edit that.  Obertan should be nowhere near our bench next season, never mind the starting 11.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.football-italia.net/20743/santon-linked-lazio

Newcastle United starlet Davide Santon could be heading back to Serie A with Lazio, according to some reports.

The 21-year-old Italian international has impressed during his first season in the Premier League, having been snapped up from Inter for €4.5m.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Lazio have been offered the versatile full-back, who can play on the left or right.

It is not the first time Santon has been linked with the Biancocelesti, as Inter had also originally tried to include him in deals for Goran Pandev and Mauro Zarate.

Guest pintofscottsellers

As if we would offer them Santon ffs, really looking forward to seeing how he gets on next season.

Guest BooBoo

I'm not saying we should for a second entertain selling him, but if we did I don't think I'd be surprised. Just a hunch.

Guest firetotheworks

I could definitely imagine it, yet it would be really surprising. It's a mind fuck.