Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Great interview; some challenging questions met with honest open answers.  Looks like we've got ourselves a keeper.

Nah mate he's a full back.

Doesn't stop you from trying

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/094/264/142263714_display_image.jpg?1333477476

:lol: Still can't believe that actually happened.

Aye, Americans love arriving and taking the credit for what someone else has done.

Oh, I'll just change one word of this title and appear like I'm great for it, give me some medals please.

Don't try and act like the ability to edit titles doesn't please you Mike, you fucking love that shit :lol:

:lol: I edited the fuck out of one title a year ago. The other people that post in that thread hated it so much they took the thread from me.

:lol: "Please me", like I do the Mr Burns hands and shit.

Don't try and act like the ability to edit titles doesn't please you Mike, you fucking love that shit :lol:

:lol: I edited the fuck out of one title a year ago.

Editing a title is scary as shit considering how serious some people take a title change :lol:

:lol: I edited the fuck out of one title a year ago.

Editing a title is scary as shit considering how serious some people take a title change :lol:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7969194

Newcastle defender Davide Santon is happy at the club and does not want to move back to Italy, according to his agent.

Santon joined the Magpies from Inter Milan last summer and has been linked with a return to his homeland despite a solid first season in the Premier League.

He struggled with injuries at the start of his time with Newcastle but gradually adjusted to English football and wants to keep progressing over the next 12 months.

The 21-year-old's representative, Renzo Contratto, insists there is no substance in speculation that talks have been planned about a departure.

Contratto told Tele Radio Stereo: "I rule out his return to Italy. There are no negotiations with other clubs.

"He wants to remain at Newcastle. The market may always open up new scenarios, but for now this is the situation."

Nowt we didn't already suspect tbh.

Not to spark a horrible pre-season debate, but I really thought we'd see him as our new RB this season with a new LB. (Before the Debuchy stuff began, that is). He has linked up well with Gutierrez though (who doesn't mind you, he's so easy to get along with, is old Jonas :aww:) and cuts in to good effect. Be interested to see how well/much he mixes that up with getting to the byline.

Not to spark a horrible pre-season debate, but I really thought we'd see him as our new RB this season with a new LB. (Before the Debuchy stuff began, that is). He has linked up well with Gutierrez though (who doesn't mind you, he's so easy to get along with, is old Jonas :aww:) and cuts in to good effect. Be interested to see how well/much he mixes that up with getting to the byline.

Put in some decent crosses too, its strange i have seen him on the right a little bit for us and a fair bit for Inter before he lost his way and i feel he's always looked more comfortable on the left.

I can't even explain why, i suppose its easier to defend against too as a lot of players like to come inside these days and they coming inside on Davide's stronger foot. Going forward when he cuts inside and dribbles with his right defenders don't seem to know what to do with him.

He maybe right footed but i think he looks at home on the left.