Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

And of course, the Ibra and Eto'o calamity.

Getting rid of Eto'o was one of the best things Barca ever did, unfortunately they replaced him with a no mark in Zlatan.

:facepalm: on both points

Naturally.

Two obscenely overrated strikers.

And of course, the Ibra and Eto'o calamity.

Getting rid of Eto'o was one of the best things Barca ever did, unfortunately they replaced him with a no mark in Zlatan.

:facepalm: on both points

Naturally.

Two obscenely overrated strikers.

:facepalm:

Guest BooBoo

Wouldn't sell him, not even for £15m. He such a talent.

Steady on. He looked promising last year especially in the spring but his market value is nowhere near that.

I'd argue Tiote's market value isn't 20m either, but we wouldn't sell him for anything less than that.

What is market value and what isn't is of no interest to us and nor should it be, if we sell we are trying to rip off clubs as much as possible and rightly so.

Cissokho and Santon seem like similar sort of prospects. All the raw materials are there for them to be top class full backs, but fulfilling that potential is another story.

Wouldn't want Santon leaving though, he was in decent form towards he end of last season and should be first choice to start the season this year, I'd be optimistic about his form this year.

Would be intrigued by Bojan though, could play anywhere across the front three and is still young with scope to improve. Kind of player we should be after IMO.

What is market value anyway? For me it is about how much the club, that owns the player, is valuing the player. Then, if it is a big interest, they maybe can squeeze a little bit more money from the buying club.

I'd argue Tiote's market value isn't 20m either, but we wouldn't sell him for anything less than that.

What is market value and what isn't is of no interest to us and nor should it be, if we sell we are trying to rip off clubs as much as possible and rightly so.

:thup: Just because he said £15m it doesn't mean he expects a team will come in with that offer for him. That's the point, he wouldn't even if they did come in for what would be a relatively obscene amount. And I'm inclined to agree. More than worth sticking with Santon. He's still young, obviously not there yet, but clearly has the potential to be a top player down the line.

Wouldn't sell him, not even for £15m. He such a talent.

Steady on. He looked promising last year especially in the spring but his market value is nowhere near that.

I didn't say his market value is 15 though. His potential though is enormous in my opinion. If he can find consistency and perform to the very high level we know he's capable of we'll have some player at our books.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him move for around that sum in the future, honestly. We often forget how young he actually is, myself included. But it could go the other way if he never fullfills the talent he's got. But in my eyes he's a special player and one who hopefully can stay at our club for years to come.

You would be plain stupid to sell Santon now. In a few years you would easily be able to sell him close to £15m, as Ikon is saying, as he is just a real class act. Ashley knows this, so I can sleep happily.

Who are we kidding, really? It's Ashley. He'll bite their hand off if someone comes in with an £8m offer. Trouser the £3m. It's all about the profit.

:lol: have you been reading at all? If he sells now for £8m he would make a £3m profit -but- if he sells in two years for £12m he would make a £7m profit.

What is the best option? Ashley hasn´t been a multi-millionaire with doing quick business.