Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Nut, are you wanting him left out on Saturday against N'Zogbia too? Do we have to keep him sidelined until he might face someone who shouldn't cause much bother?

Begs the question of why buy him at all if that's the case. The manager doesn't seem to trust his own judgement very much based on who he's leaving out and the players playing ahead of them.

The only way this lad can get used to the league is if he fkn plays in it, the ONLY reason Ryan Taylor is getting a game at LB is down to him being able to score from direct freekicks and as our goal threat is so p*ss poor Pards is to scared to drop him.

Pardew needs to realise that we are suffering in or attacking play because of Taylor being at LB, its making us very uneaven and making Jonas play a lot deeper than he should be.

:thup:

Nut, are you wanting him left out on Saturday against N'Zogbia too? Do we have to keep him sidelined until he might face someone who shouldn't cause much bother?

Begs the question of why buy him at all if that's the case. The manager doesn't seem to trust his own judgement very much based on who he's leaving out and the players playing ahead of them.

I said already I'd have played him last night, but can see the reasoning why he didn't.

Saturday is the perfect game for his debut, coming up N'Zogbia, a left-footed player, should benefit him defensively.

I can see why he didn't start him last night, but no excuses for the weekend, absolutely has to be in against Villa, do not want to see N'Zogbia running at Ryan Taylor.

From what I've seen the manager seems to have very little idea about the players who have been brought in and is using the players he knows instead. It seems very similar to the situation at West Ham where the owners brought in Mascherano and Tevez and Pardew, not knowing how to deploy them, reverted to picking his tried and trusted championship cloggers.

From what I've seen the manager seems to have very little idea about the players who have been brought in and is using the players he knows instead. It seems very similar to the situation at West Ham where the owners brought in Mascherano and Tevez and Pardew, not knowing how to deploy them, reverted to picking his tried and trusted championship cloggers.

Tron doing his usual dropping of big assumptions into the mix.

How so? Analysis based on fact. I concur

Let's face it we've got Santon because despite a very promising start to his career he's low on confidence. Playing full back requires you to have an defensive understanding both with your other defenders and your winger. With the internationals he clearly hasn't had enough time to acclimatise in AP's opinion. The defence has now conceded just one goal in four games so however poorly Raylor played last night something is working. It wasn't an unreasonable decision to start Raylor. Clearly AP could have changed players at HT but instead chose to narrow the gap between the defence and midfield which partially worked. I think AP played it safe with the long term in mind for Santon.

I expect to see Santon start at Villa Park mind.

More to it than 'Pardew not knowing how to deploy them', isn't there?  Has been discussed over and over again here.  Like batting off wave after wave of ignorant posters this.

Let's face it we've got Santon because despite a very promising start to his career he's low on confidence. Playing full back requires you to have an defensive understanding both with your other defenders and your winger. With the internationals he clearly hasn't had enough time to acclimatise in AP's opinion. The defence has now conceded just one goal in four games so however poorly Raylor played last night something is working. It wasn't an unreasonable decision to start Raylor. Clearly AP could have changed players at HT but instead chose to narrow the gap between the defence and midfield which partially worked. I think AP played it safe with the long term in mind for Santon.

Excellent post.

More to it than 'Pardew not knowing how to deploy them', isn't there?  Has been discussed over and over again here.  Like batting off wave after wave of ignorant posters this.

I apologize if I don't agree with the fact that Pardew knows what he's doing and that he's a Premier League level manager. Sacked from Southampton because he didn't know how to work with a squad of players (reportedly).

it only worked in so far as they didn't score. not that we played any better or stopped them in any way. more luck than design.

I apologize if I don't agree with the fact that Pardew knows what he's doing and that he's a Premier League level manager. Sacked from Southampton because he didn't know how to work with a squad of players (reportedly).

So the second half of last season was a total fluke?  Must have been :lol:

Somehow managed to steel 8 points in 4 games this season as well.  The lucky swine.

So the second half of last season was a total fluke?  Must have been :lol:

Somehow managed to steel 8 points in 4 games this season as well.  The lucky swine.

You wouldn't be far from my point of view there to be honest lol.

NUFCOfficial Newcastle United FC

by geoffasenna

Davide Santon will play for #nufc Reserves at home to Norwich this afternoon (1pm). Steve Harper, Danny Guthrie, Dan Gosling also involved

13 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply