Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

We'll improve with him in the side. Some of the players looked like they didn't want to pass Taylor cause he so clearly needs it on his right foot.

Anyway, this excuse of a performance will surely lead to Santon making his debut at Villa Park. Looking forward to having him in the side.

He's had 1 training session! Go look at Danny Simpson's twitter for confirmation. Calm down people.

Exactly, said before the game, there is no way anyone should get pissed if he doesn't play when we have no idea where the level of his preparation is for the game.

He's had 1 training session! Go look at Danny Simpson's twitter for confirmation. Calm down people.

Exactly, said before the game, there is no way anyone should get p*ssed if he doesn't play when we have no idea where the level of his preparation is for the game.

Ordinarily I'd agree.  But the QPR fans were laughing at Raylor all night.  We're very lucky - nothing more than that - that Taylor did not cause us to concede.

Exactly, said before the game, there is no way anyone should get p*ssed if he doesn't play when we have no idea where the level of his preparation is for the game.

He's fit, had a great game for Italy a week ago or something, and ready to go. There's no fucking excuse to not put him on when our out of position left back as usual is fucking gash.

Clean sheet

4 games 1 goal conceded

No matter how lucky you think we have been you cannot break that up

That is why you are not a manager. :aww:

You see that he is the weak link in our defense?

If we just let him play, and try to ride our luck we are fucked!

A good manager play the best players available, i doubt that is Raylor when Santon is fit....

Need a LB. Buy a LB.

Play a RB at LB with the LB left-back on the bench, genius.

i can just about understand it. the kids been away with the italian under 21's so wouldn't really have had a chance to train too much with his new team. i'd expect him toi start next weekend though.

Our CB's were very good and even Simpson played reasonably well, yet they were getting in behind our defence time and time again and our manager couldn't figure out what the problem was?

If Santon isn't starting our next match I'll lose all confidence in Pardew.

Can't wait to get him into the side.  He's going to make a huge difference to how we play.

We'll have an extra option available when playing from the back. Cabaye and co will be able to spread the play to the left without stalling for a second because he's scared Raylor wont react and contrive to lose the ball. Jonas wont have to worry so much about his defensive duties that he's having to work overtime at. Will be a big difference when we can get a ball playing full back into the side.

On a similar note, that's the best performance I've seen from Simpson in a long time.

How many times had Enrique trained with Liverpool before making his debut for them? If a player is vastly superior (which I fucking hope Santon is compared to Taylor) and is fit, you play him, end of. Fair enough if there's not a big difference and you don't want to disrupt a team that's doing well, but that was not the case here, we all know Taylor is shit, a good couple of free kicks does not change that.

In fact, fuck it, if Santon wasn't ready for whatever reason, where was Ferguson? Much, much rather see him than Taylor at LB.

How many times had Enrique trained with Liverpool before making his debut for them? If a player is vastly superior (which I f***ing hope Santon is compared to Taylor) and is fit, you play him, end of. Fair enough if there's not a big difference and you don't want to disrupt a team that's doing well, but that was not the case here, we all know Taylor is s***, a good couple of free kicks does not change that.

In fact, f*** it, if Santon wasn't ready for whatever reason, where was Ferguson? Much, much rather see him than Taylor at LB.

Enrique has been playing in this country for 4 years. Nowhere near the same.

If we let Shaun Shite-Phillips so much as worry us in the slightest the players should be made to walk back to Newcastle.

With his pace though, it's just something that's bound to happen. Terrible player, but he'll have some great debut tonight.

SWP is far from a terrible player.

He is like. He's fucking crap.

Oh, really. :huff:

I knew that would happen.

How many times had Enrique trained with Liverpool before making his debut for them? If a player is vastly superior (which I f***ing hope Santon is compared to Taylor) and is fit, you play him, end of. Fair enough if there's not a big difference and you don't want to disrupt a team that's doing well, but that was not the case here, we all know Taylor is s***, a good couple of free kicks does not change that.

In fact, f*** it, if Santon wasn't ready for whatever reason, where was Ferguson? Much, much rather see him than Taylor at LB.

It's no real valid point anyway. Just come off it. He should've played today.

It's no real valid point anyway. Just come off it. He should've played today.

I agree, but can see the reasoning why he didn't.

Enrique knows the league.  Santon doesn't.  Simple.

I just don't understand. He's not been sat around his house for months and needs to regain initial fitness, he just needs to learn the team and and the English game. He's only going to fully manage that when he's playing full games for us. Why not stick him in and give him a chance? Especially when your next choice is Ryan Taylor ffs.

Good job Agüero read those Rothmans before his transfer.

Good job Agüero read those Rothmans before his transfer.

Started from the bench mate.

Well, he can't learn from sitting on the bench, can he?