Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

It was all to easy for him, to be fair though Norwich were shocking, had to laugh at Harps shouting to him all the time

"DOWN THE LINE DAVID, DAVEEED, DAVE"

"THATS IT SJOW HIM THE OUTSIDE, GOOD LAD"

Sure he don't speak any English does he ?

It was all to easy for him, to be fair though Norwich were shocking, had to laugh at Harps shouting to him all the time

I reckon he's had English at school. Surely he'd know some basic English.

Don't think he can speak English like.

:laugh: Harper.

Nothing wrong with right footers playing on the left or left footers on the right.

Denis Irwin, Ginola, Maldini, Ronaldinho all perfect examples of this. I'm right footed and perfectly comfortable either left/right/middle of the park.

Glad to see you rank yourselves amongst such greats. ;)

♫One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong. ♫

Pedro: 'Santon Can Be A Star'

Peter Beardsley had his first glimpse of United's new left-back Davide Santon in action on Tuesday, and believes the Magpies have bagged themselves a gem.

The 20-year-old arrived from Inter Milan at the end of August and was an unused substitute for Newcastle's goalless draw at QPR in the Premier League on Monday.

So the following day he was thrown in to action for the reserves against Norwich and got 70 minutes under his belt as the second string eased to a 6-0 win.

Reserve team boss Beardsley has played both with and against some of the greats of the game during an illustrious career, and explained how Santon reminded him of a legend and a fellow Italian.

"I was very impressed. He is obviously very comfortable and, it may be a bit too high praise at the moment, but he looked like a young (Paolo) Maldini," Beardsley told nufcTV.

"He was calm in possession, played the right ball nine times out of ten - which is a good average - and he looked like he has class.

"He looked very comfortable and if he needed to step up a gear then he could have.

"He played for Italy Under 21s last week, so he wasn't desperate for a game, but he needed to know how we play as a Club. That was the idea and John Carver (assistant manager) was here to watch him."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110914/pedro-santon-can-be-a-star_2281670_2450772

Simply has to start on Saturday.

:sadnod:

Agreed, yet on the evidence that he played 70mins and still doesnt fully speak English I would say he is most probably starting from the bench on Saturdady.

Surely Colo didn't speak English when we first signed him and he played straight away.  Colo must be able to speak some Italian from his time at Milan, his name sounds Italian as well, is his dad from Italy or something?

"I was very impressed. He is obviously very comfortable and, it may be a bit too high praise at the moment, but he looked like a young (Paolo) Maldini," Beardsley told.

:laugh:

In Italy he was being compared with Maldini when he broke into the Inter first team.

"I was very impressed. He is obviously very comfortable and, it may be a bit too high praise at the moment, but he looked like a young (Paolo) Maldini," Beardsley told.

In Italy he was being compared with Maldini when he broke into the Inter first team.

You don't say. The laugh was because many have said that the Maldini tag was too much for him to handle. Not that I think it will impact him now.

I'm sure when he done his first interview on NUFC tv he was asked about mourinho saying he could be the next maldini, they asked something like do you think that's right? (or something along thos lines)

he replied, 'yes, 100%' ....obvioulsy doesnt phase him that much :lol: cant wait to see him in our colours, has to be involved on saturday

You don't say. The laugh was because many have said that the Maldini tag was too much for him to handle. Not that I think it will impact him now.

Oh sorry, how did I miss that? :rolleyes:

"He played for Italy Under 21s last week, so he wasn't desperate for a game, but he needed to know how we play as a Club. "

How easily does "HOOF IT UP TO SHOLA!" translate into Italian?

"He played for Italy Under 21s last week, so he wasn't desperate for a game, but he needed to know how we play as a Club. "

How easily does "HOOF IT UP TO SHOLA!" translate into Italian?

''Lo zoccolo fino a Shola'' apparently.