Transfer Deadline Day Thread

JH

TaylorandBesty Taylor and Besty

by ToonArmyMIA

£12.6m spent, £12m made on sales. Net spend of £600k in a summer transfer window. f***ing disgusting. #

£600k net spend and we've managed to bring in Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux, Abeid, Elloitt & Santon. That's canny good in my view.

All well and true, but it's not about that, is it?

Exactly, it's about the other money we could have used to strengthen, instead of doing the bare minimum for £660k. Cunts

Well, I'm happy with what we have managed to sign. Seemed most people were yesterday too when the Santon news broke. Not going to get angry about something that hasn't happened, and let that distract from the good we have managed this window. Unless, of course, people were waiting for a 'Trophy Signing'? Anything over the magic £10m marker seems to get people really excited, even if they don't know much about the player (Ruiz).

Tbh I am a bit pissed off we've only spent £600k this summer.  I am.  We never spend more than we take in on transfer fees, and even this summer with the Carroll money we've spent coppers.  As I said earlier, I'm just delighted we signed Santon (and that's the main thing since we had not one left back in the fucking squad) but the fact they're settling on our current forwards is pathetic.  So tight and incompetent.

Seems like Ashley has been cheap with gasoline on his chopper, only taking him to france this spring. We were mostly in for players from france all summer. Apart from a few from UK. I do believe the board tried to sign players, but either the player fucked off or the club fucked off on us. Guess we'll manage when HBA gets back though. There are plenty of goals to atleast get the same amount as last season. Hopefully we will do well play wise this season. Strenghten more over the two new windows and really start a challange for europe.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

TaylorandBesty Taylor and Besty

by ToonArmyMIA

£12.6m spent, £12m made on sales. Net spend of £600k in a summer transfer window. f***ing disgusting. #

£600k net spend and we've managed to bring in Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux, Abeid, Elloitt & Santon. That's canny good in my view.

All well and true, but it's not about that, is it?

Exactly, it's about the other money we could have used to strengthen, instead of doing the bare minimum for £660k. c***s

Well, I'm happy with what we have managed to sign. Seemed most people were yesterday too when the Santon news broke. Not going to get angry about something that hasn't happened, and let that distract from the good we have managed this window. Unless, of course, people were waiting for a 'Trophy Signing'? Anything over the magic £10m marker seems to get people really excited, even if they don't know much about the player (Ruiz).

Not really about a 'Trophy Signing' either is it? About a necessary signing we haven't made since January, with £35m in the bank to do it.

If we were going to sign a striker, it would have happened before today. Very unlikely we'll ever do incoming business on 'Transfer Deadline Day'. Think about our owner, think about how he works - he wants the best value available for his money. Values double up and go beyond that on Transfer Deadline Day.

In that case it would probably have made sense to get the striker in earlier. Like everyone was suggesting.

Like Demba BA in June? And the other bids the club tried (all that conjecture if they were genuine or not for another night)? Like I said earlier, look at the strikers that have moved tonight - would you have wanted any of them? Looks like Bendtner would have been our best bet, and people warmed to the idea of that the closer it came to the transfer window closing...

I would have been pissed off if it just remained completely silent all day but those two at the end has really, really pissed me off.

If these are "fake bids" they must be the thickest twats in the word if they believe we would rather see an absolute shambles rather than nothing at all.