Transfer Deadline Day Thread

JH

Interesting to note that Pardew said unless we get a left back AND a striker in then the squad is weaker than it was last year.

No doubt he will cover his tracks on that one.

Pardew: "Clubs know you are after a striker, and they make it difficult"

of course they know we after a striker, we fucking trying to sign their striker

Looks like Blackburn have a character on their hands "when de Boer started, he called in 'sick' 'cause he didn't start against AC Milan, didn't play for 2 months" El Hamdaoui

Gone to Espanyol.

Gutted, wanted to see what he could do in this league.

Nah definitiely cant see anything now.

f***ing disgrace mind that we havent wrapped up a deal for a striker by now like. Had we even bid for Cisse prior to the last few days. f***ing lunacy man.

Are you actually Pete Doherty?

You have this nervous, paranoid, schizo way about you, that I imagine you might just be.

Eh? Whats so wrong about what I havesaid?

It's now looking, like we're not going to get another striker in, something we've been crying out for since January. It's not like we've needed to sell in order to get funds to buy one either.

It's fucking pathetic man, and there's absolutely nothing paranoid, schizo or at all nervous about it. Mong.

Guest icemanblue

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Nolan Roux was offered to NUFC last week, they have been looking at other options but considering Brest's offer

Wanksmiley. Hope we fail with everything else (except Cisse).

You've never seen him play, have you?

to be fair to the club, they got their first striker in very early, with a good piece of business. I have always had the impression a second striker was just a bonus if he was available

Ba was an opportunistic signing - he wasn't even available until West Ham got relegated and I doubt we would have gone for him otherwise. We should have had other targets since January and if we don't get another striker in it's unforgivable in my eyes, especially as we have money available. Its ridiculous that it has even come down to the final week, let alone the final day.

why are all these people deciding now that we're not signing anyone btw?

so they can say oh look i was right when we don't

Or simply try to be prepared for the worst? Just a guess.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Nolan Roux was offered to NUFC last week, they have been looking at other options but considering Brest's offer

I think Roux would be brilliant for us tbf. For some reason I can see him being the kind of player that just clicks stright away. he seems like an absolutely brilliant finisher! So natural.

Guest teepee

to be fair to the club, they got their first striker in very early, with a good piece of business. I have always had the impression a second striker was just a bonus if he was available

Ba was an opportunistic signing - he wasn't even available until West Ham got relegated and I doubt we would have gone for him otherwise. We should have had other targets since January and if we don't get another striker in it's unforgivable in my eyes, especially as we have money available. Its ridiculous that it has even come down to the final week, let alone the final day.

agreed!

and furthermore, we need a type to complement the current bunch of slow donkeys....

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

You've never seen him play, have you?

I have, why?

Guest teepee

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

natural finisher scoring a whopping 6 goals in an inferiour league?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Roux

I think Roux would be brilliant for us tbf. For some reason I can see him being the kind of player that just clicks stright away. he seems like an absolutely brilliant finisher! So natural.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Shit soz, forgot to check Wikipedia before deciding on my opinion. Must do better in future.

Guest teepee

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

s*** soz, forgot to check Wikipedia before deciding on my opinion. Must do better in future.

haha -fair enough. personally i havent ever seen him, so you oppinion contradicted with the little facts i had - but i hope you are right!