Transfer Deadline Day Thread

JH

NUFC.COM update:

Window latest #1:

Trying to maintain forward momentum 

Deadline day transfer rumours involving NUFC:

Andre-Pierre Gignac (Marseille) Linked with Newcastle by French newspapers but their English equivalents claim that a loan move to Fulham is almost a done deal.

Papiss Demba Cisse (Freiburg) reports of a failed bid from Newcastle, Freiburg official claims to have received bids from three un-named clubs below their valuation.

Marvin Ogunjimi (Genk) French media tale, no quotes.

Eric Mouloungui (Nice) French media tale, no quotes.

Federico Macheda (Manchester United) no updates since Tuesday on a loan deal to SJP or anywhere else.

Nolan Roux (Brest) rubbished by the Brest chairman, who confirmed that his €8m buyout clause has now expired.

Modibo Maiga (Sochaux) Having vowed to report us for an illegal approach, the Sochaux chairman said on Tuesday that the departure of Maiga to SJP was still a possibility.

However that situation then altered when Sochaux failed with a £2m bid for Max Gradel of Leeds United, a player they had targeted as a replacement for Maiga.

The Sochaux link had some credence as a result of the fact that Ivory Coast international Gradel spent part of his childhood in France.

By Tuesday evening Gradel had travelled to France and the following day was confirmed as a St.Etienne player.

Wednesday morning saw Sochaux complete the signing of a forward/winger, bringing in Abdoul Camara from Rennes.

However the club President then appeared to rule out any deadline day departure for Maiga and speculated that he could be sold off in the January 2012 window.

Obviously all speculation, but I'm just starting to get the feeling its going to be either Macheda or no one

almost all from french media  :lol:

Guest palnese

David Bentley available for a loan deal. I'd have him as cover.

waste of squad place and wages. Striker and Centre Half much more pressing

Tru dat.

I can see him going to QPR.

What is clear is that SSN know fuck all about what is going on at Newcastle. That's why "craigy" now spends half his time standing outside the rat training ground, trying to live in the dust bin feeding off scraps which Niall Quinn is throwing out the window.

or they know very well we're not signing anyone today.

Tru dat.

those cunts are gonna be considerably stronger just in time to play us like, sakes.

Tru dat.

those c***s are gonna be considerably stronger just in time to play us like, sakes.

Not really, they are going to be exactly how we were in 2008/09.  Squad full of mercenries who do not give a shit.  We've tried it, we got relegated.  Does not work.  QPR are becoming 'City Lite', the difference being, City have bought the bets players money can buy, so it doesn't matter as much if they don't really gel.

Alright, just under 9 hours in which to fail to permanently sign a striker. Keep up the good work team.  :clap:

Do they not get any credit for the signings they've already made?

That's it mate, get warmed up  :pow:

:lol:

Just saying we've made some decent signings, which seems to be a fact.

Carroll replaced by Ba

Nolan replaced by Cabaye

Enrique replaced by Santon

Barton and Routledge replaced by Obertan

Marveaux signed because he was free(actually cost loads though according to PRdew)

I'm wanking myself silly as I type

Phillipe Auclair on Talksport. Could touch on Newcastle

Says Maiga could happen

as far as i can tell it certainly could given that they've just signed a striker, what we'll have to do is pay a bit more though, so probably not.

Alright, just under 9 hours in which to fail to permanently sign a striker. Keep up the good work team.  :clap:

Do they not get any credit for the signings they've already made?

That's it mate, get warmed up  :pow:

:lol:

Just saying we've made some decent signings, which seems to be a fact.

Carroll replaced by Ba downgrade

Nolan replaced by Cabaye vast improvement

Enrique replaced by Santon solid replacement by all reports

Barton and Routledge replaced by Obertan and Marveaux - both better than Routledge

Marveaux signed because he was free(actually cost loads though according to PRdew)

I'm wanking myself silly as I type

If we would just sign another striker (Maiga, Roux, Cisse, etc.) then it would have to be considered a successful window.