Transfer Deadline Day Thread

JH

Guest bimpy474

Alright, just under 9 hours in which to fail to permanently sign a striker. Keep up the good work team.  :clap:

Why you  :angry:

Guest icemanblue

I'm not giving up to pessimism just yet.

I'm so prepared for disappointment that I've even given up on pessimism.

What is clear is that SSN know fuck all about what is going on at Newcastle. That's why "craigy" now spends half his time standing outside the rat training ground, trying to live in the dust bin feeding off scraps which Niall Quinn is throwing out the window.

What time (UK) does the window close this year? cinq ou midnuit?

Onze heure, if I remember how to spell that right.

onze? quell kind of heure is that shit to be fermeing le fenetre? c'est madness.

Alright, just under 9 hours in which to fail to permanently sign a striker. Keep up the good work team.  :clap:

Do they not get any credit for the signings they've already made?

They do, certainly. But the striker situation is just very frustrating.

That's it mate, get warmed up  :pow:

:lol:

Just saying we've made some decent signings, which seems to be a fact.

They do, certainly. But the striker situation is just very frustrating.

Aye, think so too.

What time (UK) does the window close this year? cinq ou midnuit?

Onze heure, if I remember how to spell that right.

onze? quell kind of heure is that shit to be fermeing le fenetre? c'est madness.

parce que le C.E.T

NUFC.COM update:

Window latest #1:

Trying to maintain forward momentum 

Deadline day transfer rumours involving NUFC:

Andre-Pierre Gignac (Marseille) Linked with Newcastle by French newspapers but their English equivalents claim that a loan move to Fulham is almost a done deal.

Papiss Demba Cisse (Freiburg) reports of a failed bid from Newcastle, Freiburg official claims to have received bids from three un-named clubs below their valuation.

Marvin Ogunjimi (Genk) French media tale, no quotes.

Eric Mouloungui (Nice) French media tale, no quotes.

Federico Macheda (Manchester United) no updates since Tuesday on a loan deal to SJP or anywhere else.

Nolan Roux (Brest) rubbished by the Brest chairman, who confirmed that his €8m buyout clause has now expired.

Modibo Maiga (Sochaux) Having vowed to report us for an illegal approach, the Sochaux chairman said on Tuesday that the departure of Maiga to SJP was still a possibility.

However that situation then altered when Sochaux failed with a £2m bid for Max Gradel of Leeds United, a player they had targeted as a replacement for Maiga.

The Sochaux link had some credence as a result of the fact that Ivory Coast international Gradel spent part of his childhood in France.

By Tuesday evening Gradel had travelled to France and the following day was confirmed as a St.Etienne player.

Wednesday morning saw Sochaux complete the signing of a forward/winger, bringing in Abdoul Camara from Rennes.

However the club President then appeared to rule out any deadline day departure for Maiga and speculated that he could be sold off in the January 2012 window.

Obviously all speculation, but I'm just starting to get the feeling its going to be either Macheda or no one