Bryan Ruiz

JH

Mortifying that he'd probably have chosen us any day of the week if we'd shown a serious interest. If he doesn't sign it's only because we came in so late like desperate wankers.

How do you know that?

It's just common sense that a player would find it more difficult to make a decision in such a short space of time.

Yes, but that's not quite "he'd have chosen us any day of the week".

But I said "probably" chosen us any day of the week. The fact that he's delayed signing for Fulham would suggest that it might well be the case.

we could have put this bid in months ago. infact, we could've bid for gameiro, gervinho, erdinc, cisse, maiga and ruiz on the same day, months ago. and we'd have gotten one of them.

That's what I said in the first place. We should have been in there weeks ago.

Mortifying that he'd probably have chosen us any day of the week if we'd shown a serious interest. If he doesn't sign it's only because we came in so late like desperate wankers.

How do you know that?

It's just common sense that a player would find it more difficult to make a decision in such a short space of time.

Yes, but that's not quite "he'd have chosen us any day of the week".

But I said "probably" chosen us any day of the week. The fact that he's delayed signing for Fulham would suggest that it might well be the case.

we could have put this bid in months ago. infact, we could've bid for gameiro, gervinho, erdinc, cisse, maiga and ruiz on the same day, months ago. and we'd have gotten one of them.

That's what I said in the first place. We should have been in there weeks ago.

i'm agreeing, and what does it end up with? what's the end product every time with this lot? a failure to bring a much needed player of real quality in, a failure to spend proper money in order to replace  a player properly so our team can push on. the rest is just circumstance, it's always the same end product.

Guest BooBoo

Jesus, this is embarrassing.

We've shown over the years to be generally terrible at conducting deals on deadline day, so we do we leave it late every single time? Oh yes, because we're not keen on spending money.

Realistically though, no chance of signing anyone out of the blue in the next couple of hours. Seriously, we've had this long to bring a striker in, you really think if it was happening we'd leave it until 11pm today??

Laughable. Shit small time board.