Rate our summer transfer window

High Five o
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6/10 for me we have added to the squad with younger players but this in itself is the gamble as the players we have brought in are all "wild cards" in the sense that they may not do the stuff in this league and while unlike in the past it wont be a costly mistake finance wise (as we have spending next to fuck all and we are led to believe we dont give out crazy wages anymore) we still have not invested enough into the playing side of things. While the catch 22 of not having a big squad is that the kids (and we have some good ones on the books) get a chance we also leave ourselves with shite on the bench that at some point will still play.

Cannot be rated a failure as we got players in but they are probably not of enough quantity and quality for us to push on any further this season (unless they prove me wrong in 35 mins or spend a shit load in jan hahahahaha)

7..........i'm weird in not stamping my foot for a new striker as with the current squad i'd probably play 1 out and out striker anyway. ba and bent should be able to cover that when (if)merveaux and ben arfa come back. the big miss for me is a player to play left of a midfield 3 (though i'd be willing to try jonas there, he has the workrate).

i'm including in my wondow keeping certain players aswell as the incomings.

1/10

How much of that £35m was spent?  About £3.5m.  Even taking into account agents, boreholes and gold-plated running tracks we should still have well over £20m available for transfers and even more available for wages since 3 of the higher wage earners have left the club.

I console myself with the fact that even if we bought a striker, we probably would have ended up mid table.

As it is, it feels like shit to see Ameobi and Loven on teamsheets, but we'll probably still finish mid table.

I'd say about a 7.

Disappointing that we didn't buy a second striker, but Ba could still turn out to be good and we did get a quality fullback. Cabaye and Marveaux look very good and Obertan looks OK and is young enough to get better.

Disappointing to lose Barton but he was leaving at the end of the season anyway.

They've gone and undone all the good early work by not bringing a striker and backup defender in. The Ruiz and Ridgewell deals looked like exactly what we needed, and I fucking hate them for giving us so much hope so close to the deadline, and bolloxing it all up. Not happy, despite the good players we've already signed.

This summer was all about replacing a player worthy of England's number 9 shirt and worth 35 million quid. Giving it a 1 would be too generous imo.

no it wasn't, it was about getting better as a team. i thinbk we have though could have been even better.

We expended a whole lot of effort into standing still.

Shame we didn't take the opportunity to move forward, but I guess it's questionable how far we would have gotten by being more ambitious anyway.

In the immediate future, mid-table is and always will be our fate.

as long as we dont get the striker we need, it will be a 4.

Our defence isn't strengthened. But we did actually get one in. and one left. so all square. However Enrique is probably better than Santon.

Midfield we lost Nolan and Barton. Both very important to us, but the replacements seem just as good. actually added bodies here.

Strikers. No words. Ba for free. 7 fucking months to get a number9. no chance.

Unless a striker comes in late, its a 4. If we get a striker, then 7.

3 - The sqaud is even weaker than it was last year and we are currently one injury or suspension away from being right in the shit.

Crashed around looking for two players that we knew that we had to replace from the start of the window, one in one out policy, giving senior players away without replacing them and then predictably fucking up on the last day of the window to make panic buys.

Just like most of the transfer windows since this cunt took over really.

as long as we dont get the striker we need, it will be a 4.

Our defence isn't strengthened. But we did actually get one in. and one left. so all square. However Enrique is probably better than Santon.

Midfield we lost Nolan and Barton. Both very important to us, but the replacements seem just as good. actually added bodies here.

Strikers. No words. Ba for free. 7 f***ing months to get a number9. no chance.

Unless a striker comes in late, its a 4. If we get a striker, then 7.

had we bought him tonight for 10mill you'd have been chuffed ?