Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

RCD Espanyol have presented their accounts in front of their general assembly, and they need to sell players before June to balance the books. "Nobody is off-limits".

They do have some quite decent players in their books, so you're welcome to weaken them. Jordi Amat is a pretty good CB prospect (international at all youth levels), Márquez/Verdú quite good mids (Verdú in particular is a great playmaker). Their strikers are a pile of crap, though.

Nicky Maynard put up for sale after rejecting latest contract, runs out in 6 months, reckon a cheecky mill would do.

No better than Leon Best tbh.

Apart from he has pace, can really run at a man and a scorer of some great goals, pretty much opposite to Best.

:lol: Someone has a man crush.

Guest kingdawson

Maynard is a player i've rated since his Crewe days. Can definately make it in the Premiership and i wouldn't even mind we signed him.

Maynard is a player i've rated since his Crewe days. Can definately make it in the Premiership and i wouldn't even mind we signed him.

Injury prone, overrated and to top it off he's a complete and utter wanker.

Injury prone, overrated and to top it off he's a complete and utter wanker.

Personal insults will not be tolerated, Im a canny lad, though I'll give you injury prone.  :p

He's a good player like KD has pointed out, he isn't complete, but a better base to build a prem player off than you are giving him credit for.

There's a young lad at Cesena that I've been hearing good things about, Mangio Vermicelli. Just broken into the Italian youth setup but I think his parents are Chinese. Tried searching on youtube but I can't find any videos.

Just the kind of player we need. Clinical.

Desperate for another striker with decent technique and mobility to play alongside Demba. Also think we need someone on the wings that can actually cross a ball or has an end product of some description as its fucking painful watching Jonas and Obertan on the wings. Its how most of our play breaks down tbh. We have a centre midfield that can distribute the ball and Wingers who never make the most of it, Jonas looks like running on water with it and Obertan just loses it 9/10

Guest pont-toon

Desperate for another striker with decent technique and mobility to play alongside Demba. Also think we need someone on the wings that can actually cross a ball or has an end product of some description as its f***ing painful watching Jonas and Obertan on the wings. Its how most of our play breaks down tbh. We have a centre midfield that can distribute the ball and Wingers who never make the most of it, Jonas looks like running on water with it and Obertan just loses it 9/1

I agree 100% that we need the striker that you describe to play alongside Ba/take the reigns whilst Ba is away with Senegal/injured.

However we need a decent centre half before another wide man. I also think we lack balance without aquality left footed left back and would target this position also before a wide man.

Desperate for another striker with decent technique and mobility to play alongside Demba. Also think we need someone on the wings that can actually cross a ball or has an end product of some description as its f***ing painful watching Jonas and Obertan on the wings. Its how most of our play breaks down tbh. We have a centre midfield that can distribute the ball and Wingers who never make the most of it, Jonas looks like running on water with it and Obertan just loses it 9/1

Agree we need a quality Centre Half and Left Back with Santon going right back eventually. Likely to only get 1/2 players this window so Striker and Centre Half should be priorities

I agree 100% that we need the striker that you describe to play alongside Ba/take the reigns whilst Ba is away with Senegal/injured.

However we need a decent centre half before another wide man. I also think we lack balance without aquality left footed left back and would target this position also before a wide man.

I still think Jarvis or Hoilett would be good signings, the former in particular certainly knows how to cross the ball well. Not sure we'd be able to 'afford' either though, and I don't see Gutierrez or Obertan being replaced any time soon.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Wullie just reminded me of his existence, more of a summer one but if Bolton do go down Lee Chung-Yong would be a very good signing imo.

Quality player. Think he's still only something like 23 as well.

Wullie just reminded me of his existence, more of a summer one but if Bolton do go down Lee Chung-Yong would be a very good signing imo.

Quality player. Think he's still only something like 23 as well.

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=376158&stc=1&d=1270685012

I'm pondering, considering Ba's continuing brilliance, are we essentially shopping for cover? If the prefered ultimate line up is Ba ahead of Ben Arfa, a new striker is likely to get benched. Now don't get me wrong, I think we absolutely need that striker cover, we're thin up front, but do we want a striker who would work well with Ba or Ben Arfa? Or a lone striker? We'd be kidding ourselves we'd be able to get anyone who'd score as prolifically as Ba.

Lee Chung-Yong... will be good he is type of central midfielder that have good silky pass whenever i saw him last season but i dont know this season.

we desperately need new winger... we have shit wingers jonas & obertan is not for it.... jonas is more like a wing back not offense winger while obertan lack of intelligent but he is defo has the talent.

i can't believe for the life of me there's not a loan out there we couldn't get to cover ba like...italian clubs like inter must have someone sitting on their benches worth a fucking run out ahead of shola and loven

Someone on here said we don't do loans now because they're perceived as a waste of money, no idea how true that is.

i can't believe for the life of me there's not a loan out there we couldn't get to cover ba like...italian clubs like inter must have someone sitting on their benches worth a fucking run out ahead of shola and loven

Someone on here said we don't do loans now because they're perceived as a waste of money, no idea how true that is.

have we ever really done a good loan? but yeah, that assessment makes sense imo...i can see the likes of dekka thinking it's bad business sense

have we ever really done a good loan? but yeah, that assessment makes sense imo...i can see the likes of dekka thinking it's bad business sense

Did a few good ones in the Championship but Premier League I'm struggling unless you go back to the likes of Saha who looked good but only scored 1 goal I think.  That Helder lad was areet.