Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Could we have a chance of getting Gary Cahill in january? Most of the big clubs dont need him at the moment. He has only 6 months on his contract. And we desperately need a player like him so we might be willing to pay a bit more.. ?

Is off to Spurs.

Liverpool

Could we have a chance of getting Gary Cahill in january? Most of the big clubs dont need him at the moment. He has only 6 months on his contract. And we desperately need a player like him so we might be willing to pay a bit more.. ?

Liverpool

You are probably right. I think Liverpool would be the favourites. Though you never know. There might be a chance. Coloccini - Cahill would be a great central defence. Worth a try atleast..

Is off to Spurs.

Liverpool

It's definitely between these two clubs like. Really can't see us being the ones signing him personally.

Would only take Alex if there was a chance of a loan/option to buy, which is probably unlikely. Very wary of that sort of player; we've been there before and it's literally never worked out. Butt, Smith, Geremi, Duff, Babayaro, even Owen... squad players at the top teams who've gone off the boil. Look like a good signing at first but then, well, the rest is history.

I'd probably take a punt on Bassong, though, providing he was available at a fair price.

3 defenders in Jan for me.  Left back (Pieters) - put Santon at RB.  2 new centre halves.  Samba plus an up and coming defender perhaps.

Colo, Samba, Taylor and Williamson would not be a bad back 4 to pick from.

Sell - Perch and Simpson (if he wants off).

Guest Roger Kint

Why would we sell Simpson? He's definitely good enough to be cover. We are stuck for full backs as it is.

The same reason Barton/Nolan didnt see the end of their contracts ££££ saved/made on their early departure.

Why would we sell Simpson? He's definitely good enough to be cover. We are stuck for full backs as it is.

There's no way Simpson would accept backup. He threw a hissy fit when he was replaced by Santon for 15 minutes :lol:

We can speculate all we like on who would be a good signing.

Unfortunately Ashley will be too preoccupied with the money he can get in by selling some of our top performers who have started so well this season.

Two defenders in january? You lot must be off your tits, it's hardly clear that Ashley would sanction us to go after one defender, let alone two.

I think the best we can hope for is Maiga coming in early during the window and someone like Ridgewell, Tomkins or perhaps Peiters joining late on.

Guest Roger Kint

:thup:

Any other signings would be dependent on sales IMO.

Aye unless theres a cracking loan deal offered to us i cant see anything on top of that

Guest Craig-NUFC

Pardew on incoming transfers: "One player will come in and maybe one defensive player"

So Maiga could very well be the only player brought in? Still hope to see a defender brought in, even if they're on loan.