Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest NobbyOhNobby

After watching the mackem game today it reaffirmed that we should try for Samba. Him and colo at the back would be a dream combo

Guest sicko2ndbest

After watching the mackem game today it reaffirmed that we should try for Samba. Him and colo at the back would be a dream combo

Without a doubt!

Would love him. Perfect foil for Colo

However, Blackburn would be pretty much giving up their premiership status if they sold him and hes out of contract in the summer

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Bid £6m cos of the contract craic, and buy him on jan 2nd and put him straight into the side. I'd be terrified if I was playing a team with Samba and Tiote in

They wouldn't sell for that though, because it would be tantamount to accepting relegation.

It seems to me relegation is happening whether they accept it or not. Unless they sack Kean before January.

I agree that Samba would be brilliant for you lot. Even if it's in the summer. Your owner seems to love free transfers so I hope he gets on it.

Guest Brazilianbob

Blackburn have been told by Barclays bank to lodge £10m in bank by Jan 1st or the players wont get paid!  If they are that hard up they just might have to accept the first reasonable offer for Samba.  Having said that, when have we ever made a reasonable offer for a player?

Hoilett would cost £6m+, jus like Cahill even with his contract running out, selling key players in their position is risky, but hanging on to them and still going down and getting nothing is a huge kick in the bollocks.

Samba won't leave for anything less than double that figure.

Alex is on the transfer list and would be a great signing. Probably would want CL football or prohibitive wages though. Bassong as Wullie mentions would be an excellent signing if we could get him for around £5m, extremely talented defender who can cover at left back if we're left short by injuries and there's still Onuoha who I thing could make a very good centre half in the long run and would provide cover for right back. He's probably even attainable on a loan with an option to buy given how little look in he's being given at City.

There's a lot of talk of Alex's ability/form dipping alarmingly in 2011, either AvB is a bad judge of talent, or he's so bad even the shit Colo is a much much better option.

I'd like the old Alex here, just worry about what has actually happened to him, is he another Owen, Duff, Butt, Babayaro, Kluivert, finished or almost finished by the time they get here? Quite possible. Might be a one to avoid, might just need a move, but how many times we said that and the inevitable half arsed easy pay day player turned up instead.

The versatile bloke from France at 22 sounds a much better option, and realistic, he'll want half as much and probably cost less.

Samba extended his Blackburn contract to 2015 (in February last year).

In June he said: "If a good opportunity arises, I want to seize it. It is necessary that the club understands that I want to go one step further. I hope they will not put a stick in the wheels. It's been four and a half years I have been at Blackburn and two years I have played in relegation battles."

With both of these factors in mind, Steven Taylor being out for up to 12 months, and Colo being on his way out in the summer (which should present at least £5m income + a saving of £3.5m in wages over the course of the year) why not bid £8m for Samba and have this over with?