Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

The links are crap ( that i have found so far) but supposedly Carr is tracking Belhanda  :o

Please please sign him up!! Would take us to another level, would be a bullet proof investment as well. Him and HBA in the same three if we go 4-2-3-1  :drool: :drool:

Link? (even if crap)

Melbourne Heart have announced that "Curtis Good" a 19 year old Australian centre back has left the club and is currently on trial with Newcastle United in the English Premier League. Dont know who would have scouted him for a trial or whether its his agent touting him about. But Im a big follower of the A-league and Good has never stood out as a player with the potential to play in the Premier League. However best of luck to him and lets hope he can perform well enough to be awarded a contract.

Most Australian football fans dont think hes far enough in his development yet, but he played 25 first team games in a very good Melbourne side who like to play football out from the back, which is good for a 19 year old.

Pardew: talking up... and damping down

Quotes from Newcastle boss Alan Pardew as reported by Sunday Mirror newspaper:

"From day one I’ve tried to be open and honest about the financial model we’re operating. I understood the fans’ initial resentment.

"Mike (Ashley) set out to make Newcastle self-financing and I knew exactly what that framework entailed when I took the job in December 2010.

"I’ve aimed to be transparent with the supporters and give them clarity about what we are trying to achieve and how we will operate in the transfer market. They know that in certain circumstances we will sell players.

"At a club like this, where huge money was spent in the past on top players such as Alan Shearer and Michael Owen, it was inevitable that some would not be happy with our spend. Many were unhappy with the sale of Andy Carroll but that £35million has helped us build a team that has exceeded all expectations this season.

"Our policy makes sound financial sense in a harsh economic climate and with UEFA financial fair play rules looming. Mike was determined that the club’s future would not be put at risk by spending money we could not afford. We have all seen what has happened at Portsmouth and Rangers.

"Now I think a lot of Newcastle fans are starting to see the bigger picture and appreciate what we are doing makes sense. We set out to find value in the transfer market and I believe we have succeeded.

"We have been helped by the fact that signings such as Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba Hatem Ben Arfa & Yohan Cabaye have come in and had an immediate impact and I have been helped by the fact that the backroom staff I inherited are first-class.

"We have proved this season by breaking into the top six that we can be a force in the Premier League and we have laid foundations that I hope can keep us at the top end of the table in future years."

Nothing new there, but confirmation of a continuation of the club's transfer policy that bore fruit with Carroll etc.

That involves finding a financial balance between:

i) offers made by other clubs for current players

ii) the cost of improved deals to retain those players

iii) the availability and cost of replacements

iv) their wage demands and potential sell-on value

Part scouting, part negotiation, part coaching, part management - and part luck. Take out ambition and the desire of the player (and/or agent) to stay or go; our expected qualification for Europe makes it no more or less likely that players will stay or go. It's all about the deal.

And if you're looking for a negative effect of European participation, then releasing the bulk of our development squad means that the head count will need to increase to fulfill our commitment, with additional wages and transfer costs to factor in - or offset against a player departure.

Similarly, the comparatively low revenues from corporate /commercial and retail sales mean that revenue has to be generated from the playing squad. Your discounted season ticket comes at a price.

Sir John Hall's dream of a team full of Geordies mutated long ago into an aspiration to populate the shirt with players of many nationalities graduating the club's Academy. Sadly that remains a pipedream, meaning that player arrivals and departures are a necessity.

PS: A few people have rightly asked if Champions League qualification would affect the business model. That remains to be seen - should it come to pass...

What becomes realistic if we make the UCL qualifier?

Dreams.

If that's the case........

Krul

Debuchy Douglas Colo Santon

Cabaye Tiote

Belhanda

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

Oh i do love this dreams thing  :megusta:

Really think we need a bit British in our team just to retain its identity, although all our good players are foreign I dont really want to turn into what arsenal were with the whole 11 being foreign

:yao:

What becomes realistic if we make the UCL qualifier?

Dreams.

If that's the case........

Krul

Debuchy Douglas Colo Santon

Cabaye Tiote

Belhanda

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

Oh i do love this dreams thing  :megusta:

Really think we need a bit British in our team just to retain its identity, although all our good players are foreign I dont really want to turn into what arsenal were with the whole 11 being foreign

:yao:

Like Livepool?

"Take out ambition and the desire of the player (and/or agent) to stay or go"

Basically then, one of the main factors that facilitates transfers.

Not much new there, resigned to the fact we won't be going mental in the summer, and probably won't be totally content with the squad on September 1st, but we've been under these circumstances for a while now. Seems a bit pointlessly negative those surmising paragraphs.

Pardew: talking up... and damping down

Quotes from Newcastle boss Alan Pardew as reported by Sunday Mirror newspaper:

"From day one I’ve tried to be open and honest about the financial model we’re operating. I understood the fans’ initial resentment.

"Mike (Ashley) set out to make Newcastle self-financing and I knew exactly what that framework entailed when I took the job in December 2010.

"I’ve aimed to be transparent with the supporters and give them clarity about what we are trying to achieve and how we will operate in the transfer market. They know that in certain circumstances we will sell players.

"At a club like this, where huge money was spent in the past on top players such as Alan Shearer and Michael Owen, it was inevitable that some would not be happy with our spend. Many were unhappy with the sale of Andy Carroll but that £35million has helped us build a team that has exceeded all expectations this season.

"Our policy makes sound financial sense in a harsh economic climate and with UEFA financial fair play rules looming. Mike was determined that the club’s future would not be put at risk by spending money we could not afford. We have all seen what has happened at Portsmouth and Rangers.

"Now I think a lot of Newcastle fans are starting to see the bigger picture and appreciate what we are doing makes sense. We set out to find value in the transfer market and I believe we have succeeded.

"We have been helped by the fact that signings such as Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba Hatem Ben Arfa & Yohan Cabaye have come in and had an immediate impact and I have been helped by the fact that the backroom staff I inherited are first-class.

"We have proved this season by breaking into the top six that we can be a force in the Premier League and we have laid foundations that I hope can keep us at the top end of the table in future years."

Nothing new there, but confirmation of a continuation of the club's transfer policy that bore fruit with Carroll etc.

That involves finding a financial balance between:

i) offers made by other clubs for current players

ii) the cost of improved deals to retain those players

iii) the availability and cost of replacements

iv) their wage demands and potential sell-on value

Part scouting, part negotiation, part coaching, part management - and part luck. Take out ambition and the desire of the player (and/or agent) to stay or go; our expected qualification for Europe makes it no more or less likely that players will stay or go. It's all about the deal.

And if you're looking for a negative effect of European participation, then releasing the bulk of our development squad means that the head count will need to increase to fulfill our commitment, with additional wages and transfer costs to factor in - or offset against a player departure.

Similarly, the comparatively low revenues from corporate /commercial and retail sales mean that revenue has to be generated from the playing squad. Your discounted season ticket comes at a price.

Sir John Hall's dream of a team full of Geordies mutated long ago into an aspiration to populate the shirt with players of many nationalities graduating the club's Academy. Sadly that remains a pipedream, meaning that player arrivals and departures are a necessity.

PS: A few people have rightly asked if Champions League qualification would affect the business model. That remains to be seen - should it come to pass...

in short........we'll behave in the same way as 99.9% of clubs but hopefully we do our homework more thoroughly than the rest to get players who turn out to be bargains and sell players for more than they are possibly worth.

Guest Roger Kint

Still think we'll be in for Barnetta on a free. On him btw, he started his first game for Leverkusen at the weekend.

Not sure this is realistic after we pissed off his agent last summer..

Wasnt pissed off bloke some dick that fooled Sky Sports into thinking he was his agent?

I'm offended at someone mentioning Wayne Hennessey as a viable transfer option.

Then again, if that joker can get a Premier League contract, it gives me hope that my career at NUFC may still happen.

The whole 'retaining identity' issue is a sad one for me. While I agree in some respects, we are finding that our team of mostly foreigners is much more talented, hard-working, enthusiastic, likeable and much much better value than any English squad we could build. It's simply not viable at the moment.

In terms of youth players there are a few promising brits but the reserves are getting panned every week and aren't giving me much hope that they can step up.

Tbh I've started caring less about the English identity thing as I've noticed how much more likeable the foreign players seem to be compared to the cunts we'd be getting that are of the required ability to push this team on further.

Tbh I've started caring less about the English identity thing as I've noticed how much more likeable the foreign players seem to be compared to the c***s we'd be getting that are of the required ability to push this team on further.

It's important to have good English speakers in the team though.

Douglas, Debuchy, Belhanda, Hoilett.

;)

Ripping off my dream team  :knuppel2: also as for those Belhanda links........

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/montpellier-midfielder-younes-belhanda-watched-newcastle-2653681

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/04/newcastles-next-french-target-revealed/

I did you warn you the links were shite lol but they are links none the less  :frantic:

Still think we'll be in for Barnetta on a free. On him btw, he started his first game for Leverkusen at the weekend.

Not sure this is realistic after we p*ssed off his agent last summer..

Do you mean "man"? :lol:

Douglas, Debuchy, Belhanda, Hoilett.

;)

Ripping off my dream team  :knuppel2: also as for those Belhanda links........

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/montpellier-midfielder-younes-belhanda-watched-newcastle-2653681

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/04/newcastles-next-french-target-revealed/

I did you warn you the links were s**** lol but they are links none the less  :frantic:

These one's are quite old, thought they were new ones yesterday ;) Cheers for the shit anyway :)