Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Skrtel wants out at Liverpool?

Absolutely don't want him here!

Had a good season tbf. Funny he wants out as soon as he comes good though, been pretty shit in previous years.

Skrtel wants out at Liverpool?

Absolutely don't want him here!

Would walk in to our team, not that he'd move.

Might change his tune now they've binned the KKKD.

I'd love us to sign mark Davies, assuming wages/price arent too extreme. We were linked with him a while ago but what's the latest? Would be a big upgrade on Guthrie in my opinion, useful for rotation in midfield, hard worker, creative and won't complain at not starting. Also would be nice to have some English blood!

Mark Davies a hard worker? This is news to me.

Seriously though, he's talented and might do well if you played him in front of Tiote and Cabaye. He's got absolutely no defensive positioning though so wouldn't work if you want 2 in midfield.

He's got 3 years left on his contract, so a lowball offer won't really help  ;)

Yeah, I'd say he was an improvement. This season was really the first time he's got games in the Premier League after a succession of injuries. I think he'd be great in a winning team, though he was found wanting on occasion in our basket case of a season.

However, I can't really see it happening as I think we'd want £5M+ and I'm not entirely sure you'd be willing to pay that for someone who won't necessarily be first choice.

On the Mark Davies issue, I just saw a stat which claims he's the most successful dribbler in the Premiership! Rather bizarrely, Reo-Coker was second.

Really hard to say. I know we've released quite a few players (most of which were surplus to requirements), but if we can keep hold of the rest and even get a couple in, we have a great shot.

Petrov, Ricketts and K Davies are staying which is good news, they should do well in the Championship. NRC hasn't left yet (though he has a clause which says he can go to a Premiership club), and if we can (somehow) keep hold of Holden and Lee, we should be sorted.

I get the feeling though that next season's Championship is going to be more competitive than ever.

I don't see Holden leaving just based on his injury, not sure how many other clubs will be in for him after so long out (not that he hasn't proven he can recover). Would love to see him back in the Prem next year, but the Championship would be a decent option for him.

i'd fucking love us to move for Chung-Yong Lee from bolton like...very good player, only 23 and surely we could lowball bolton?

You wouldn't fucking love it as much as I'd fucking love it :fwap:

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has told RMC he wants to stay at Montpellier and extend his contract.

From what I can find he has said he may want to stay, but no talk of an extension, which would mean running down his contract (which ends in 2013 supposedly)

Atlético need to find €30m to balance the books after failing to qualify for the CL. Everything points to a Falcao sale, but maybe there's something you could fish in there?

What the banks dont want to donate money to them like they do with Real?  :o

Taking what I believe are your needs...

Diego Costa, currently at Rayo on loan, has had a great half of season. I think he would be a good backup striker for you. Tall, athletic and has shown he has an eye for goal when given an extended run (currently 8 in 11 for Rayo).

Filipe Luis was one of La Liga's best LBs before signing for them (he had that horriffic injury, too). Surely the player he was for Depor is still in there, somewhere.

Domínguez is a very solid defender, and can also fill in at LB. Still 23, so he can only get better. In the fringes of Spain, too.

Juanfran has had a pretty good season too, but I'm not too sure on him yet. As most RWs turned RB, his defending is rather suspect.

Tiago is probably too old for your policy (31) but is one of those reliable workhorses you can throw anywhere in midfield and will do a good job.