Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Speaking of King, is he a attacking midfielder or a striker? i have read both. :lol:

I've seen him play both and on the wing. Think his goalscoring run started with him playing off Afobe but by the end of his goalscoring run he started leading the line himself

Had previously thought that Gray might be a decent option, but reading some of the Burnley fans' comments (http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13578) hardly fills me with confidence.  9 goals (3 against Sunderland) this season - exactly the same number as Mitrovic in 15/16 and Gray played more minutes.

Like the idea of having a quick, mobile striker, but Burnley fans seem to think he has a pretty awful first touch.

Can't say I'm delighted by the prospect of Deeney either.  Would hope we could set our sights a bit higher than him.

A number of Burnley fans I know also said Ings, Rodriguez and Austin weren't that good.

He's quick with good movement and a great work rate. Touch is ok and finishing is hit and miss.

Main concern is that most of his good work has come playing off Barnes or Vokes. Not sure how he'd do as a lone striker.

Do strikers like Gray, King, Deeney and so on score against the top sides in the league? Or is it just average strikers scoring against average teams? (Many teams in the PL are bad, even most I'd say). Genuine question as it feels like there are quite a few strikers that score around 10 which isn't really impressive tbh. King might have scored more maybe. I hope we aim higher than Gray for example.

Gary scored 1 against Liverpool, 1 against Middlesbrough, 3 against Sunderland, 1 against Arsenal, 2 vs Swansea, 1 vs Palace. Of which 2 were penalties.

Deeney scored 1 vs West Ham, Man Utd, Bournemouth, Palace, Bournemouth again, Arsenal, Burnley, West Ham, Southampton and West Brom. Of which 3 were penalties.

Having said that - even Kane and Lukaku scored most of their goals against teams outside the top 6.

Guest palnese

Negredo, or is he utter shite these days?

Looked good at City a few years back before everything went south for him.

Guest firetotheworks

Old and slow. Doesn't really fit into the mobile category that Rafa tends to look for in a striker, much more of a target man.

Had previously thought that Gray might be a decent option, but reading some of the Burnley fans' comments (http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13578) hardly fills me with confidence.  9 goals (3 against Sunderland) this season - exactly the same number as Mitrovic in 15/16 and Gray played more minutes.

Like the idea of having a quick, mobile striker, but Burnley fans seem to think he has a pretty awful first touch.

Can't say I'm delighted by the prospect of Deeney either.  Would hope we could set our sights a bit higher than him.

Gray just isn't better than Gayle, which is why I wouldnt bother. We need better

Gary scored 1 against Liverpool, 1 against Middlesbrough, 3 against Sunderland, 1 against Arsenal, 2 vs Swansea, 1 vs Palace. Of which 2 were penalties.

Deeney scored 1 vs West Ham, Man Utd, Bournemouth, Palace, Bournemouth again, Arsenal, Burnley, West Ham, Southampton and West Brom. Of which 3 were penalties.

Having said that - even Kane and Lukaku scored most of their goals against teams outside the top 6.

Gary?

Guest taps01

We haven't been linked with many No10s/CAMs have we?  For me that is the most important position to strengthen.

Guest Howaythetoon

Although it'll never happen I still maintain Danny Welbeck is the perfect forward for a Rafa system.

Agreed! Quick and strong, hard working, selfless and can operate wide. A very flexible striker. Rafa wants his strikers to score goals of course, but if a striker isn't prolific, but helps the team massively, that's all that matters with someone like Rafa.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ha ha :lol:

I've always rated Wellbeck, such a shame he's kind of injury prone. Mind I rate Wallcott, but my brother-in-law who is an ST holder there can't stand him so what do I know.