Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Said before but some will massively disappointed based on these expectations.

Rafa is fantastic but in the short term we are still a recently promoted club who have massively dropped in stock due to poor decision making at the top.

Shouldn't really lose sight of that, expecting more signings which are not that established but will probably help us improve nonetheless.

I disagree. Newcastle is a big draw for players and managers, that's one of the reasons Rafa is here in the first place. If anything, I think too many underestimate how attractive this club is, especially with a world class manager in charge which would hint at some sort of ambition. I don't think we'll have much trouble attracting players unless we are competing with CL clubs.

Us, the fans are also a big draw for players. Granted, the money/Champions League football are the biggest swaying factors but players will have taken note of the scenes throughout this season and especially on the last day, even though we were in the Championship.

When our ground is full and rocking it's one of the best, if not the best in the country and that matters to players - they want to play in stadiums like ours. Add the Rafa factor to that and I think we're a lot more attractive to potential signings than some of you lot think.

Is Conte not an admirer of Llorente?

Markovic from Hull...is his loan now up?

Not sure if they are looking to loan out again but he seems canny when on it. Bit inconsistent maybe but talented.

Undoubtedly value in some loans that rafa can take advantage of I'm sure.

Fernando Llorente seems like a Rafa player to me. 13 goals this season in a rubbish Swansea team.

Not a bad shout at all. Would defo take Llorente if available.

Just class we can look forward to transfers now and speculate hard  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Don't greatly rate mark Hughes, may be worth a shot Rafa could do well with him

Agree with this, Stoke have some talented players who are far better than they have shown.

His managerial career is littered with expensive flops.

Obviously very wary of signing or loaning players after impressing in Scotland but I wonder if we might be interested in loaning Patrick Roberts from Man City

Also think we'll be linked with Jota from Brentford

I also read the other week that Pulis might consider selling Rondon this summer and I think Rondon would look better in a team that plays with someone closer to him (an attacking mid or another striker) but WBA usually play 3 centre mids so he's left a bit exposed up top on his own.

Probably wouldn't take a chance on him as he'd command a decent fee I'd imagine and hasn't scored loads but just thought I'd throw the name out there

He did have a long fallow stretch but it is a pulis side so probably cos they stop bother attacking after christmas. Still I kinda have an irrational dislike of Rondon for no reason i can rationalise, i just sense hes not really any good