Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Is Chicarito realistic?  He seems like a Rafa type striker, knows the PL and scores for fun. He's also not playing for a Champions League club so it's not like he'd be taking a massive step down

:fwap:

I'd absolutely love him here. He seems like a decent guy as well so he ticks a lot of boxes.

He is 28 though so that would count against him if we're operating on the old 'resale value' model.

Jagielka for a season or two ?

Be surprised if Jagielka went anywhere. He looked finished early in the season and was out of the side for a long time. Since getting back in, he's been our best defender.

Ashley Williams has been a big disappointment and Funes Mori is shite. Holgate is good, but still a bit young. We should be signing a couple of centre backs in the summer, but I think Jagielka will stay put and see out the last year of his contract as the main back up.

Zabaleta would be a great signing especially if Anita is away!

Maybe a few seasons ago but not now, especially as he'll be looking to be playing every week. Hope we persist with Yedlin.

Agreed - I like Yedlin and think Rafa could easily iron out his flaws.

Is Chicarito realistic?  He seems like a Rafa type striker, knows the PL and scores for fun. He's also not playing for a Champions League club so it's not like he'd be taking a massive step down

Very interesting shout this one. I'd agree that he appears very Rafa-esque in terms of characteristics.

Very interesting shout this one. I'd agree that he appears very Rafa-esque in terms of characteristics.

Chicharito is mint. It also looks like he's out of contract in June 2018, so standard logic suggests he's available and the issue will be a combination of wages and ambition. After his first season, Leverkusen must have tried to get him to sign a longer deal, but the fact that he hasn't signed one means he must be thinking about elsewhere. Leverkusen are left with the option of getting 15M maybe for him now or watching him walk next summer.

Guest chopey

Good luck with that

:D I just thought our new sponser might chuck a few quid in like Newcastle brewerys did with Keegan.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, I'd be very happy with Begovic at that price. Nothing better than having a solid, dependable 'keeper and he definitely fits into that category. I'd be surprised if Liverpool weren't interested though, or even Everton, considering Liverpool especially are desperate for someone like him.