Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I think we'll get 1 or 2 players in who people would assume we have no chance of signing.

same, i got laughed at for saying lacazette would be someone rafa might go for a while back...not saying we can get him but rafa seems to understand the value of a top class, proven goalscorer that fits his system, would not surprise me if he went and got one

If, as is being mentioned in some reports, that Koeman sees Siggurdsson as a replacement for Barkley at Everton would he be realistic?

I can't see him moving up to a top 4 side at all, and if you rule out Man U, Liverpool then other than a move abroad could we be a realistic option.

Southampton I guess maybe a head of us?

That is if anyone thinks he is worth having in the first place  :)

I think we'll get 1 or 2 players in who people would assume we have no chance of signing.

Could he be one who fits into this bracket, which I agree with in terms of us being pleasantly surprised by one or two of the players we attract.

:lol:

Howay man

So if he leaves Everton, which looks a strong possibility, you think he will go upwards?

I think he may be limited in options in terms of a 'bigger' club.

Not saying we are , just asking the question :)

Don't see why we couldn't be an option though, apart from the possible ridiculous fee.

Said before but some will massively disappointed based on these expectations.

Rafa is fantastic but in the short term we are still a recently promoted club who have massively dropped in stock due to poor decision making at the top.

Shouldn't really lose sight of that, expecting more signings which are not that established but will probably help us improve nonetheless.

I think we may well be pleasantly surprised by a few of who we attract.

And I can't agree on any of the top 4 or even 6 looking at Barkley.

Outside the top 6, if I was a Stoke, Southampton, West Brom supporter (sides that may be considered to be more established in the PL than us) I would be concerned at our promotion.

A defective NUFC was attractive to Benitez.

A functioning NUFC with Rafa in charge and given funds must be bloody worrying to some chairmen and managers of the teams we will be competing with next season.

You don't think any of the top 5 or 6 have been targeting Barkley? Why do you think he's having this standoff over his contract with Everton? So he can secure a not so lucrative move to Southampton or Newcastle?

Personally no I can't see it being a shoe in and I am also not suggesting he is destined for us at all. But players of his ilk, at top 7 sides who are out of favour , for whatever reason and aren't necessarily going to be courted by bigger sides are possible.

As for barkely

Koeman doesn't rate him that's pretty evident.

Spurs don't need him, Liverpool is a no go, Chelsea certainly don't need him.

I guess you may be right if Man U are the touters but other than becoming a bench warmer at City I think he will be limited.

for England it would probably be good for him to move abroad (as with a lot of our playesr, btu of course that isn't happening..other than China)

I think we may well be pleasantly surprised by a few of who we attract.

And I can't agree on any of the top 4 or even 6 looking at Barkley.

Outside the top 6, if I was a Stoke, Southampton, West Brom supporter (sides that may be considered to be more established in the PL than us) I would be concerned at our promotion.

A defective NUFC was attractive to Benitez.

A functioning NUFC with Rafa in charge and given funds must be bloody worrying to some chairmen and managers of the teams we will be competing with next season.

I personally think you are overestimating the impact Rafa will have in the short term tbh, at least compared to overriding the toxic nature which most will see the club as due to Ashley.

Next summer assuming we actually improve how we imagine will be the time we can expect more "flashy" signings.

How is he out of favour? He's started 34 league games out of 36 this season. Koeman is fed up with him because he's not signed a contract with 1 year left, not because he doesn't rate him.

He's not signed a new deal because he's clearly had bigger, wealthier clubs in his/his agent's ear.

Fair points Mole.

I'm feeling positive about NUFC for the first time in ages though :)

Undoubtedly NASA will announce the impending comet/asteroid soon enough and barring Bruce Willis and an unlikely mission involving Steve Buscemi everything will start falling on it's arse sooner rather than later.

Okay Ponsaelius I bow to your knowledge on this one. Everton fans I have spoke to certainly gave me the impression that he is not fancied by Koeman, rather than it being about his lack of committing to the club.

Time will tell re his next move.

Be daft to go and bench warm imo but I guess 120 thousand a week at a bigger side etc speaks loud and clear to many, if it comes to that.

I'm pretty certain we'll not be disappointed like. I doubt we'd have much interest in Barkley anyway, but I think we can be pretty confident in bringing in 5-6 really strong players and probably a decent raid on Spain.

We've bought players like Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Ba, Cisse & Sissoko (went for £30m) despite being managed by arseholes. And even though they never turned out too well players like Thauvin, Cabella, Yanga-Mbiwa, Anita & De Jong were all pretty exciting.  I don't think players really care about Ashley.

Fair points Mole.

I'm feeling positive about NUFC for the first time in ages though :)

Undoubtedly NASA will announce the impending comet/asteroid soon enough and barring Bruce Willis and an unlikely mission involving Steve Buscemi everything will start falling on it's arse sooner rather than later.

Don't get me wrong I am too :lol:

First season in ages I'm really looking forward to it, I just think we should be a bit cautious at the same time.

I'm expecting some great signings, I just don't think they'll be massively eye catching ones just yet.

Because I'd argue Clark, Gayle etc weren't massively eye catching tbh.

Maybe that's a good thing though?