Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Might be wrong but the original stockpiling of promising players started in Italy in the 90s. Several years ago Juventus, Milan and Inter had around 100 over-17 players under contract each.

Yeah before Parma went bankrupt they had an insane amount of players. Starting with them on Football Manager was an absolute head f***.

Think this was more to do with co-ownership than just signing youngsters. Co-ownership was also banned in Italy a couple years back I think.

Gibson and Chambers could be available for around £12 million each

£24m for both would be a good deal the way the transfer market is now.

I'd probably prefer Chambers, although I'd be massively surprised if he was available for £12m.

Might be wrong but the original stockpiling of promising players started in Italy in the 90s. Several years ago Juventus, Milan and Inter had around 100 over-17 players under contract each.

Yeah before Parma went bankrupt they had an insane amount of players. Starting with them on Football Manager was an absolute head f***.

Think this was more to do with co-ownership than just signing youngsters. Co-ownership was also banned in Italy a couple years back I think.

226 players!

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/24/cash-strapped-parma-have-a-staggering-226-players-on-their-books-5076964/

£40m for Sigurdsson is probably about right.  He was involved in 20-odd goals for a poor team last season.  Swansea would've almost certainly gone down without him so they'll value him very highly.  They would probably be within their rights to ask for more than that when you consider what we got for that c*** Sissoko.

No way is siggurdson worth £40m.  You must be out of your mind to even suggest that.  He's a good player but that's it.  I would value him at £10m to £12m tops.

Aye but it's Swansea( who i can't see holding out for ridiculous money), if he goes more than low 20s i'll be very surprised. Especially considering he's already failed to succeed at a big club.

Having said that i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't go at all.

Guest firetotheworks

It's 2017 lads, catch up.

Even in 2017 he won't go more than half that, i'll bet money on it.

He'll go for nearer that than £10 or £12 million tops, like. He's worth £40m in today's market, people need to catch up.

Guest firetotheworks

These things happen literally all the time. Considering his assist rate and dead ball proficiency, it wouldn't be in the least bit surprising to me, like.

£40m for Sigurdsson is probably about right.  He was involved in 20-odd goals for a poor team last season.  Swansea would've almost certainly gone down without him so they'll value him very highly.  They would probably be within their rights to ask for more than that when you consider what we got for that c*** Sissoko.

No way is siggurdson worth £40m.  You must be out of your mind to even suggest that.  He's a good player but that's it.  I would value him at £10m to £12m tops.

He's comfortably more than a £10-12mill player

It's not what he's worth it's what he's worth to that team.

He pretty much kept them in the Prem himself last year. That alone makes him worth far more than £12mil to Swansea.

That's the point i was trying to make in my post.  The £12m comment is still ridiculous though  ;D