Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I'm still of the opinion that I don't really care who he brings in as I thoroughly trust Rafa knows what he is looking for as long as the clear deficiencies in the squad are met. to me in order they are: number 10, DM, LW, LB, back up Striker and CB (although I still maintain the 4 we currently have can do a job for us). So far we have somewhat addressed the LW spot with Atsu and Aarons also returning from injury. We may have created another need also at RB since we lost Anita and Mbabu, we only have Yedlin and a player Rafa didn't really trust last year in Gamez and a youngster in Sterry.

Would like to see us take a gamble on someone like Jose Izquierdo from Club Brugge. Sure we must be aware of him given our business in Belgium over the last couple of seasons.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jose-izquierdo/profil/spieler/147094

Right-footed left-winger is a must this summer. Getting one who is quick, direct and has an eye for goal would be splendid (plus he'd be within our budget).

Work permit potentially an issue, though.

Would like to see us take a gamble on someone like Jose Izquierdo from Club Brugge. Sure we must be aware of him given our business in Belgium over the last couple of seasons.

Right-footed left-winger is a must this summer. Getting one who is quick, direct and has an eye for goal would be splendid (plus he'd be within our budget).

Interesting mention of him in this article from the guy who was in charge of transfers at Brentford - http://statsbomb.com/2017/06/more-statistical-transfer-shopping-wide-forwards-for-the-champions-league/

Article discusses who Arsenal should be looking at and mentions him.

Interesting mention of him in this article from the guy who was in charge of transfers at Brentford - http://statsbomb.com/2017/06/more-statistical-transfer-shopping-wide-forwards-for-the-champions-league/

Article discusses who Arsenal should be looking at and mentions him.

That's what brought him back to my attention actually, had flagged him up in May through a similar method and checked him out on video.

Think some of our fans would hate him (naturally), but he looks the business to me.

Surely it makes sense to wait until you've seen your squad before making any major decisions.

Imagine we spent £30M on a striker, and Mitro returns like a lean. mean, goal-scoring machine, and Shelvey returns like Brian Glover

Still think we may have missed a couple of good opportunities in the price range we appear to be looking at Will Hughes to Watford and Bert Traroe to Lyon for 8 million each.

Surely it makes sense to wait until you've seen your squad before making any major decisions.

Imagine we spent £30M on a striker, and Mitro returns like a lean. mean, goal-scoring machine, and Shelvey returns like Brian Glover

He's had all year to look at the squad...

If Mitrovic goes and scores a hatrick against Bradford in pre-season, im not sure that changes his mind on buying a striker or not

He's had all year to look at the squad...

If Mitrovic goes and scores a hatrick against Bradford in pre-season, im not sure that changes his mind on buying a striker or not

I'm pretty sure Rafa will have made a decision long before the game v Bradford.

Really like watching Ceballos from Spain U21: looks a brilliant midfielder

Buy out clause is 15m Euros

Real Madrid want to buy him, then loan him back for 1 season

Surely the fact Real Madrid want him means he's not realistic lol?

Really like watching Ceballos from Spain U21: looks a brilliant midfielder

Buy out clause is 15m Euros

Real Madrid want to buy him, then loan him back for 1 season

Surely the fact Real Madrid want him means he's not realistic lol?

Yeah was just updating what I initially posted earlier after doing a bit of research

I really think we should make a move for Ross Barkley and play him as no.10.

Didn't have the best season but still only 23 and 1 year left on contract.

Think Rafa could get the best out of him and he could be a big star for many years to come.

Think we can get him for around £25M.

Why on Earth would Barkley move here?

Why not?

Don't think any of the top 6 clubs want him.

Not sure Koeman gonna build his team around him.

Here he could be a star and I think he is just the type of player Rafa likes.

At least worth a try. Make him an offer he can't refuse.

Think big and make a statement!?

I really think we should make a move for Ross Barkley and play him as no.10.

Didn't have the best season but still only 23 and 1 year left on contract.

Think Rafa could get the best out of him and he could be a big star for many years to come.

Think we can get him for around £25M.

I said this a few weeks ago - I don't think the big six want / need him and he weirdly hasn't been linked with the likes of Southampton / West Ham etc!