Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I expected Chalobah to have been linked with us at some point. Someone claimed on here I think that we were interested in some Chelsea youngsters.  It's went all quiet on the Bamford talk too

We were.  A chap I know who follows Chelsea and their youth teams reckons were made enquiries about Chalobah and Ake earlier in the summer.  Chalobah is being given a chance with the first team after Conte received glowing reports from contacts in Italy and we've been priced out of going for Ake.  They wanted £15m from Watford, when they enquired last month.

I expected Chalobah to have been linked with us at some point. Someone claimed on here I think that we were interested in some Chelsea youngsters.  It's went all quiet on the Bamford talk too

We were.  A chap I know who follows Chelsea and their youth teams reckons were made enquiries about Chalobah and Ake earlier in the summer.  Chalobah is being given a chance with the first team after Conte received glowing reports from contacts in Italy and we've been priced out of going for Ake.  They wanted £15m from Watford, when they enquired last month.

He's gone to Bournemouth.

Who are you on the FM forums? Presume you're talking about Rolfe over there

Berahino has turned down a new deal at WBA, out of contract next summer, anyone reckon he would drop down a division to sign for us?

Think he would be great in the championship especially under Rafa.

He is quite similar to Gayle no?

I have not watched them enough to judge that, but is the type of player we should chase? I feel the money is better invested on other positions.

Berahino has turned down a new deal at WBA, out of contract next summer, anyone reckon he would drop down a division to sign for us?

He is quite similar to Gayle no?

I have not watched them enough to judge that, but is the type of player we should chase? I feel the money is better invested on other positions.

I rate him higher than Gayle, he certainly has all the attributes to be a top premier league striker. Rafa seemingly wants to replace Cisse as well, he would certainly fit the bill.

I'm not sure Rafa would go for him. His attitude has seemed questionable at times. The right time to buy him was in January, and we knacked it up then.

Looks to me like Rafa is stripping out those with questionable attitudes and replacing them with solid pro's with hunger.

Cisse, Colo etc. I'd be amazed if Tiote, Gini and Sissoko etc stayed after the summer as they're a part of the problem.

He's clearly looking for a culture change and it's massively overdue. I don't see anyway someone like Berahino would be part of a Benitez NUFC.

What were West Brom thinking, though? They mess him around all last season and then expect him to sign a new contract? Ha.

Does it not mean that if they lose him on a free next summer then they'll get some compensation because this proves that they offered him a contract?