Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

We need someone in the Ndidi, Doucoure mould. An explosive athlete. :)

Steven Nzonzi would fit the bill perfectly, but his value has soared since he went to Spain

Rumours are that he's Arsenal bound (??)

We need someone in the Ndidi, Doucoure mould. An explosive athlete. :)

Steven Nzonzi would fit the bill perfectly, but his value has soared since he went to Spain

Rumours are that he's Arsenal bound (??)

He’d be a great signing for them

So many people are going to be disappointed come the end of January.

It's always the same.

Even if the takeover happens and Rafa gets a decent amount to spend, not many quality players, I think, would want to join us at the moment. (Or at least are available.)

It would be a transition window, rather than a window of wonderful transfer signings.

I hope I'm wrong! 

It's always the same.

Even if the takeover happens and Rafa gets a decent amount to spend, not many quality players, I think, would want to join us at the moment. (Or at least are available.)

It would be a transition window, rather than a window of wonderful transfer signings.

I hope I'm wrong! 

I think with a new ownership there'll be some excitement around the club so we should be able to attract players. If we can't it's more likely to be because January's usually a difficult window anyway, money or no money. Pretty sure though that Rafa will pull out all the stops and the new owners will back him, so I don't think we'll be disappointed.

It's always the same.

I hope I'm wrong! 

I think with a new ownership there'll be some excitement around the club so we should be able to attract players. If we can't it's more likely to be because January's usually a difficult window anyway, money or no money. Pretty sure though that Rafa will pull out all the stops and the new owners will back him, so I don't think we'll be disappointed.

Well, I think you're contradicting yourself there, fella.

It's always the same.

I hope I'm wrong! 

Well, I think you're contradicting yourself there, fella.

It's not a contradiction, if we recognise that buying in January is more difficult, then expectations shouldn't be set too high in the first place, hence no reason to be disappointed. If we can get one premium signing plus a couple of quality loan deals, that would be pretty decent.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I'd love us to sign Wilshere, either on loan or permanently. He'd improve our midfield no end.

I doubt he'd come this far North unless it was a loan deal and i'm not sure if he'd pass Rafa's personality and temperament checks, but beggars can't be choosers in our situation.

don't reckon anyone on here thinks he's utter s***

Nope. At the very least I don't. He was just atrociously managed by an atrocious manager in a poisonous squad when he was here.

I don't think he liked English football much either.

Would Milner be realistic after a takeover? We need a leader and think he'd be our best full-back and central-midfielder, which says a lot.

He'd be on at least double anyone else. Would take though.