Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Based purely on stats and what I've read on him, I reckon Gerard Moreno would be a realistic target for us as a striker.  15 goals in 36 matches for Espanyol this season and 13 in 37 matches last season.

Decent shout; I reckon there's a fair few bargains to be had in Spain: pretty sure Fabian from Betis has a 13m euros buyout clause

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Would def take Shaquiri. A 10 that makes things happen. Would be a significant upgrade on Ayoze.

He's literally played on the right of a 442 all season :lol:

Aye, don't think I've ever seen him play anywhere other than wide midfield for Stoke, Bayern, Inter or Fucking Swiss

Yeah I said that about Shaqiri the other week.

In an organised, well coached side Shaqiri is a good option wide right. He plays there for the national team and the issues of workrate and attitude never come to fore as they have done for Stoke.

He is however never a #10. Constantly struggles to play there.

According to Sky, Bournemouth have made Celtic’s Tierney a top target. He’d be a definite upgrade on Dummett in both attacking and defending play, but could we compete with the likes of Bournemouth with the fee and wages to bring him to SJP?

What makes you think he's a better defender than Dummett? Also, what makes you think anyone in the Scottish league could make it here?

Don’t get me wrong, Dummett has surpassed my expectations of him this season, and done a lot better than I thought he was capable of, and I’d be happy to keep him as a squad player. However, I think he’s probably reached the peak of his talents and is unlikely to progress further than what we’ve seen. From what I’ve seen (admittedly only on the telly in Tierney’s case), Tierney has far better pace and ability to link both defensive and attacking duties. He could press higher up the pitch than Dummett is capable of, and deal more effectively with pacey/skilful opposition players when they are attacking. He’d also be much more able to overlap whoever we had playing LW and has a better final ball (imo). However, like others have since said, unfortunately I can see him leaving Scotland for a far better (or more progressive/forward thinking and owned) team than us.

:thup:

Based purely on stats and what I've read on him, I reckon Gerard Moreno would be a realistic target for us as a striker.  15 goals in 36 matches for Espanyol this season and 13 in 37 matches last season.

Decent shout; I reckon there's a fair few bargains to be had in Spain: pretty sure Fabian from Betis has a 13m euros buyout clause

26m and off to Barca by all accounts

Would have thought Tierney would be going to someone better than Bournemouth if he leaves Celtic

Linked with Spurs for £20m this morning. :lol:

Ben Davies realistic?

They'll probably sell Rose to Man U for daft money

Is Davies going to want and sit around as back up now he's had a taste? Can't imagine the top clubs interested. Everton as replacement for Baines maybe.

Thing with Poccetino is that he always rotates his full backs, so barring injury they get even number of matches

Would have thought Tierney would be going to someone better than Bournemouth if he leaves Celtic

Linked with Spurs for £20m this morning. [emoji38]

Ben Davies realistic?

We could go for Luke Shaw

Linked with Spurs for £20m this morning. [emoji38]

Ben Davies realistic?

We could go for Luke Shaw

Yep: or as others have mentioned; Joe Bryan of Bristol City

Also think we may, and should go back in for Jørgensen. Rafa obviously rates him and he does seem the type of mobile yet physical striker we need to play up on top on his own. He seems to have a decent eye for a pass too albeit via youtube clips, so he doesn't seem too one-dimensional either.

I could see us getting Luke Shaw on loan.

Not sure why we'd bother with that.

Might get him on loan on the cheap for a season, a failed player looking for a new start. Right up Ashley's street that man.

I could see us getting Luke Shaw on loan.

Not sure why we'd bother with that.

Might get him on loan on the cheap for a season, a failed player looking for a new start. Right up Ashley's street that man.

Isn't he out of contract anyway?