Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I don't think we are honestly in the market for players like Fellaini and Barkley. They may be achievable from a transfer fee perspective but we are not going to come close to meeting their wage demands. Think we'll continue to look abroad for bargains, or try to lure young domestic based players who have yet to prove themselves. Also, 70 million over three windows, as the ronny gill is reporting, is honestly not a lot in today's market.

Who have been the performing players from the lower half of the table this season?I'm thinking of Baines when he was a Wigan, Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson at Hull. Would love for us to make a statement and sign a player from our rivals.

Guest Howaythetoon

I wonder if Rafa's keeping an eye on the Fellaini situation.

I hope not, he's absolutely shite.

Absolutely shite? Bit harsh  :lol:

Dave was actually being kind, he’s much worse!

Scored twice in their last game like. I think its more a case of how bad their management's been, coupled with the fact they don't have a single decent striker. I'd take him here for sure

:thup: I'm surprised he's got 6 goals in the league, actually. But he's 30 in November and has absolutely no pace. If people are frustrated with Ritchie on the wing they'll love Tadic.

Scored twice in their last game like. I think its more a case of how bad their management's been, coupled with the fact they don't have a single decent striker. I'd take him here for sure

:thup: I'm surprised he's got 6 goals in the league, actually. But he's 30 in November and has absolutely no pace. If people are frustrated with Ritchie on the wing they'll love Tadic.

Tbh I am, but I'm also hanging on to the dream of Tadic whipping in crosses for Mitro  :snod:

More likely to happen at Fulham than here.

He'd be canny for a side like ours

He’d definitely improve our squad.

No. No he wouldn’t.

Redmond when he plays like that is still someone I'd look at. Viable option if we can't get Kenedy?

And been saying for weeks, Cedric. Decent at the back and can cross a ball. In fact just throw £50m at them and get Bertrand too.

Redmond when he plays like that is still someone I'd look at. Viable option if we can't get Kenedy?

And been saying for weeks, Cedric. Decent at the back and can cross a ball. In fact just throw £50m at them and get Bertrand too.

Did I not hear somewhere that Spurs may be after Bertrand? Assume Broadway is on his way?

Rumours that Shaqiri has a release cleause of about £12million. Can see loads of teams being on that

Wouldn't touch him, absolute cancer to the team spirit. Doesn't work nearly hard enough on getting back for Rafa either.

He'd be canny for a side like ours

He’d definitely improve our squad.

No. No he wouldn’t.

Wouldn’t be on many people’s preferred shopping list (myself included) but 80 international appearances (16 goals) for a very good side and a 150 or so Premier League appearances (37 goals). He would improve us and is a realistic target; assuming we are serious about getting experienced Premier players. I would be quite interested to see if Rafa could get a tune out of him.

Guest firetotheworks

Fellaini's a prick and the exact opposite type of player that I'd want to see us get, but saying he wouldn't improve us vs what we have now is ludicrous.

Yes! let's buy all the relegated players, it'll work out just fine

Well if you buy all the best ones of the three teams it probably will

:thup:

We've got a squad full of recently relegated players, worked out okay for us. Almost like having a good manager actually counts for something.

Yes! let's buy all the relegated players, it'll work out just fine

Well if you buy all the best ones of the three teams it probably will

:thup:

We've got a squad full of recently relegated players, worked out okay for us. Almost like having a good manager actually counts for something.

Yep that was my thinking too. In years gone by I perhaps wouldn't be so keen through not believing in the manager to instil a more positive, success-breeding mentality into the players via discipline and knowledge. We however have Rafa Benitez, which I still regularly find baffling & incredible that we've ended up in this situation  :lol: