Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Rumours that Shaqiri has a release cleause of about £12million. Can see loads of teams being on that

Wouldn't touch him, absolute cancer to the team spirit. Doesn't work nearly hard enough on getting back for Rafa either.

I've seen this "work hard" stuff banded about on twitter aswell. He's literally the only attacking player they have that works hard. The fact he's managed 8 goals and 6 assists in less than 33 full matches for the bottom team with Peter Crouch up front is bloody commendable.

Our name was mentioned in an Adam Traore article this morning. Chelsea are rumoured to be favourites to sign him for £30mil so I think we can write that one off

Aye, from what I've seen of Adama Traore he's largely erratic whilst possessing obvious talent. Chelsea already have better than him in his position so it's a slightly strange link, particularly when they don't know who will be their manager come next season. £30m seems slightly ridiculous as well but I have no gauge of player value anymore  :lol:

Tadic?

Go read the replies to the Soton team news on twitter for the last 12 months and you may reconsider :lol:

Scored twice in their last game like. I think its more a case of how bad their management's been, coupled with the fact they don't have a single decent striker. I'd take him here for sure

Tadic is a great player IMO

Balotelli  :snod: 23 goals this season, and scored an absolute banger the other night against Marseille. Would fit Rafa's system  perfectly. If anyone can get a tune out of him its Rafa

Rafa likes his striker to press from the front, not sure how Balotelli fits that mould like.

Balotelli  :snod: 23 goals this season, and scored an absolute banger the other night against Marseille. Would fit Rafa's system  perfectly. If anyone can get a tune out of him its Rafa

I, for one, would love Balotelli. If only for the #bantz.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Off the top of my head, from the possible relegated sides I'd be keen on:

So'ton - Cedric, Bertrand, Lemina, Boufal

WBA - Rodriguez, Evans

Stoke - Shawcross, N'Diaye

I could see Shawcross being somewhat revitalised under Rafa - played his best football under Pulis who drilled the fuck out of the defence.

Boufal isn't a Rafa-type, but he reminds me of Ben Arfa so I'd love him here

WBA - Rodriguez, Evans

I could see Shawcross being somewhat revitalised under Rafa - played his best football under Pulis who drilled the fuck out of the defence.

People need to stop this Shawcross bollocks - the bloke is past it - championship is now the right level for him

Guest NobbyOhNobby

WBA - Rodriguez, Evans

People need to stop this Shawcross bollocks - the bloke is past it - championship is now the right level for him

Better than Ciaran Clark, decent option as a 3rd choice centre-back, experienced in the premier league, relatively cheap, and I think Rafa is the type of coach who could get something out of him

Yeah I was gonna suggest Joe Bryan on here. He's been excellent the few times I've seen him, particularly against Man Utd in the cup.

Jake Robinson from Billericay FC. Scored 50 goals this season. The next Jamie Vardy.

He's 32 in October and playing in the 7th tier. He's not the next Jamie Vardy. Billericay have just bought the league by signing players from the level above for daft money.

Kurt Zouma please. Know he was only on loan at Stoke, but we should be straight in there to buy/loan with option.

Not sure he's better than Lascelles and Lejeune.

Signed to a six year contract last year too, and won't come cheap at the end of any loan spell. Loan (with the option to buy) would not compute with Justin Barnes.