Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

How realistic is Timo Werner ? I know they scouted the recent Europa League semi, obviously they have a player of interest somewhere. Werner from what I've seen seems to be the type of striker that would thrive in our system. He's at the right age from the owners perspective. Just think he may be well out our reach, I don't know ?

Yeah he wouldn't be very realistic. He'l be starting up front for Germany in the World Cup this summer I imagine. Plus Leipzig are loaded and plenty of top teams want him

I think he looks relatively slow.

We also look loads better with a player running the channels rather than a target man, in my opinion.

Fair play, I won't claim to know much about him other than clips on YouTube & somewhat blind trust of Rafa's interest. I just get a good feeling about him for some reason, but can see clearly why people would get the opposite inclination too.

Yeah he wouldn't be very realistic. He'l be starting up front for Germany in the World Cup this summer I imagine. Plus Leipzig are loaded and plenty of top teams want him

I'm sure you are right, Just looked at his international record, 7 goals in 12 games or something, golden boot at the confed cup last year. Never gonna happen unfortunately.

If Ashley said you have a 50 million budget before sales, I honestly wouldn't be adverse to spending the whole lot on someone like Werner who would be the ideal type of striker we need, making do with loans to cover the other gaps in our squad. it's such a huge hole for us, so many games like last night that could have swung the other way if we had a decent quality striker on board.

I'm not sure i'd classify narrowly avoiding relegation, employing David Moyes and signing soon to be 37 year old Patrice Evra as ambitious :lol: I agree they pay higher wages, but the club is a mess, the Olympic stadium, the dildo brothers etc. Without Arnautovic they'd be in the bottom 3.

Going back to page 250, but I'd take a punt and buy Tammy Abraham, not loan him.

(as one striker of course, not the only one we bet the season on)

Me too, still young enough for Rafa to coach him up of course. An unsuccessful year at Swansea will have helped his price tag a little.  I would want another striker though too, a little more proven in the top flight in a major league. Selling both Mitro and Gayle to help fund both moves. Getting rid of joselu would be a bonus too but we would need a third striker if all three left.

We absolutely have to go for Tammy again. I agree that we have to take advantage of the fact his spell at Swansea has maybe even decreased his value a bit, as it was more down to them being a mess.

Think we could get away with a loan with an agreed deal in place at the end, and should be all over that. Rafa really went out of his way to get him, and so clearly rates him and sees him working well in his system. The kid is very talented and is a fantastic athlete. I'm sure Rafa would be the making of him.

Been impressed with Ryan Fredericks at Fulham this season. Could be decent competition for Yedlin if Fulham don't go up. Free transfer too

I was just saying the same thing. I’ve seen him 4/5 times this season and each time he’s looked very good.

How's Targett played for Fulham this season? Remember we nearly got him last summer. Would be good to get someone to really push Dummett.

Was pretty poor in the game I went too.

We should defo be looking at Bauer from Stoke. Doubt Stoke would be looking to sell and considering he moved in Jan I cant imagine him having much of a choice in what Stoke say, so would have to pay a decent fee. Feel he'd be an ideal fit for us and Rafa though.