Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest Butcher

Might be a long shot, but Lacazette would be fantastic.

Would probably want CL football and that, mind.

Dunk is massively underrated on here. He’s as good as Lejeune (who is always injured) and For me only Schar is better than him in our squad. If we’re off buying European stars we need a balance, even if it’s for registration. Lallana is far superior to shelvey and is on a free.

Lallana is also 32 and hasn’t played regularly for a couple of seasons. His best is behind him and if we’re looking to progress we should be signing better and younger.

We've already got 2 young prospects in midfield and what they need is some guidance, and we certainly need some experience in there. It's about building a balanced squad rather than just a 1st team. If we could sell Shelvey and replace him for free with a player not going to spit the dummy if he doesn't play the majority of games then i think its a decent idea, especially if we're staying within FFP.

If we’re going to bring in someone as a mentor to the Longstaffs I’d rather it was someone with a bit more pedigree and standing than Lallana. More like a Cambiaso-type when he signed for Leicester. If Werder Bremen go down, Nuri Sahin might be available on the cheap.

Dunk is massively underrated on here. He’s as good as Lejeune (who is always injured) and For me only Schar is better than him in our squad. If we’re off buying European stars we need a balance, even if it’s for registration. Lallana is far superior to shelvey and is on a free.

Lallana is also 32 and hasn’t played regularly for a couple of seasons. His best is behind him and if we’re looking to progress we should be signing better and younger.

We've already got 2 young prospects in midfield and what they need is some guidance, and we certainly need some experience in there. It's about building a balanced squad rather than just a 1st team. If we could sell Shelvey and replace him for free with a player not going to spit the dummy if he doesn't play the majority of games then i think its a decent idea, especially if we're staying within FFP.

If we’re going to bring in someone as a mentor to the Longstaffs I’d rather it was someone with a bit more pedigree and standing than Lallana. More like a Cambiaso-type when he signed for Leicester. If Werder Bremen go down, Nuri Sahin might be available on the cheap.

Or a Ballack type player with plenty of experience and commands respect. Matic?

Jamaal Lascelles is easily the most underrated and disregarded player on this place.

I certainly wouldn’t want to see 25 new players next season. Especially with potentially going straight from one season to the next, a minimum of 15 players playing for us now need to be still with us. Of the other 10 new signings it should be about 50/50 between those with good PL experience and 5 new imports.

Jamaal Lascelles is easily the most underrated and disregarded player on this place.

:thup:

I certainly wouldn’t want to see 25 new players next season. Especially with potentially going straight from one season to the next, a minimum of 15 players playing for us now need to be still with us. Of the other 10 new signings it should be about 50/50 between those with good PL experience and 5 new imports.

I cannot see that level of turn around to be honest. I have said before every player is replaceable however I would like 5 players in key positions to establish a core spine in the squad and in the next 2 or 3 windows actively look to get 2 or 3 quality editions per window. Obviously I like the idea of signing more under 19s for the future and to develop our youth setup at the same time. However that is almost secondary and dependent on which manager we have. I say that as some hate bringing on and integrating youth talent so would be pointless if that were the case.

Would prefer to go for upcoming players like Milot Rashica at Weder Bremen.

Personally, me too. But I can see a couple of older super respected and talented players with a couple of years left in the tank (but no resale potential) coming in to help with the development of the likes of the Longstaffs. Rafa especially, loves those kinds of players. Plus we have allegedly sounded out the likes of Mertens etc which fits with this.

I cannot see that level of turn around to be honest. I have said before every player is replaceable however I would like 5 players in key positions to establish a core spine in the squad and in the next 2 or 3 windows actively look to get 2 or 3 quality editions per window. Obviously I like the idea of signing more under 19s for the future and to develop our youth setup at the same time. However that is almost secondary and dependent on which manager we have. I say that as some hate bringing on and integrating youth talent so would be pointless if that were the case.

In a properly ran club, it's not the manager's responsibility to bring in or train youth talent...

The 15 I’d choose to retain are:

No. Position Player

1 Slovakia GK Martin Dúbravka

3 Wales DF Paul Dummett (3rd captain)

5 Switzerland DF Fabian Schär

6 England DF Jamaal Lascelles (captain)

7 England FW Andy Carroll

10 France MF Allan Saint-Maximin

11 Scotland MF Matt Ritchie

14 England MF Isaac Hayden

18 Argentina DF Federico Fernández

19 Spain DF Javier Manquillo

20 France DF Florian Lejeune

23 Austria MF Valentino Lazaro (on loan from Inter Milan)

24 Paraguay MF Miguel Almirón

36 England MF Sean Longstaff

43 England MF Matty Longstaff

15 Netherlands DF Jetro Willems (on loan from Eintracht Frankfurt)

22 United States DF DeAndre Yedlin

This is why I can never play as NUFC on Football Manager :lol:

No. Position Player

Carroll? :lol:

In a properly ran club, it's not the manager's responsibility to bring in or train youth talent...

I meant more from the prospective of those players actually getting a chance and playing. Having a strong youth setup sounds great but if they are not playing or in the managers thoughts there is no point to begin with as there are far more important issues.

No. Position Player

It was a genuinely tough call.

I took out Jetro because we would have to sign a left back he’s had a serious injury and I’m not sure if he is truly a left back.

It was then a straight choice between Carroll and Joelinton, and I just felt that we had no strikers with PL experience. Fit and surrounded by good players and with good nous in this league I felt I’d back Carroll (and be more economical in the process)

Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar, Lascelles, Lejeune, Dummett, Longstaff x 2, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin and Almiron I'd keep around in the squad. Ideally bring back Willems permanently too. Inevitably some of the lesser players will still be here too. I imagine 5-6 new signings. One statement of intent signing (Coutinho or someone like that) and then 5 other high quality signings (probably someone like Cavani on a free will be in there).

Unless we find a proper way to fuck FFP off.

I meant more from the prospective of those players actually getting a chance and playing. Having a strong youth setup sounds great but if they are not playing or in the managers thoughts there is no point to begin with as there are far more important issues.

You need youngsters to fill the homegrown quota and so on. Plus if you set up a good farm you can use the youth to fluff the FFP wallet.

Guest Butcher

I always replace the entire squad bar 1 or 2, in about 2 seasons :lol:

No. Position Player

It was a genuinely tough call.

I took out Jetro because we would have to sign a left back he’s had a serious injury and I’m not sure if he is truly a left back.

It was then a straight choice between Carroll and Joelinton, and I just felt that we had no strikers with PL experience. Fit and surrounded by good players and with good nous in this league I felt I’d back Carroll (and be more economical in the process)

Carroll is never fit though, he really is a waste of a shirt with his constant injuries. Joel while he's been pap, will improve if given a chance with same better players around him imo, Carroll is heading only one way.

If it was a choice between either of them, I'd go with Joel.

I always replace the entire squad bar 1 or 2, in about 2 seasons :lol:

I genuinely only wanted to keep Dubravka, Almiron and ASM in my list :lol: