Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

See we're being linked with Higuain and Cavani again.

Both top notch strikers but I'd say they're to old, 32 and 33 now.

We should be going for younger players who can stay here for many years. Time to build a good squad for the future.

Grealish is gettable imo, Villa are going nowhere and he would get games for us. For the first like big signing, thats where I would go.

Grealish would be great.

Let’s not forget that he already scored the goal that won us the Championship as well.

Get the spine of the team sorted like City with Kompany.

I like the idea of Koulibaly at centre back, Soumare central midfield and possibly Van Den Beek from Ajax.

All possibly realistic, and added to what we’ve got we‘d be looking at top 6 in first season.

No idea on a striker but Plea would be exciting, that Greek keeper from Benfica would also fit the bill.

There you go 200 million easily and with potch as manager, that would get the old place bouncing again.

Actually think people will be slightly disappointed. There are claims that although they do want to invest, it won’t be Manchester City levels, and not just because of ffp. Some journalists have mentioned, the investment will be something like one hundred million in facilities and the same on transfers. There no real way at this stage of deciding which  reports are correct and which aren’t, but I do get the feeling, a hunch you might say those aforementioned reports might be correct.

Actually think people will be slightly disappointed. There are claims that although they do want to invest, it won’t be Manchester City levels, and not just because of ffp. Some journalists have mentioned, the investment will be something like one hundred million in facilities and the same on transfers. There no real way at this stage of deciding which  reports are correct and which aren’t, but I do get the feeling, a hunch you might say those aforementioned reports might be correct.

After 13 years of Ashley, I wouldn’t be disappointed with that. Quite happy for us to be sensible in the transfer market working towards a sustainable plan. I’m not really arsed about trophy signings as long we are trying to compete.

There’s about 4 players from Norwich I’d take for squad building, Bellingham, grealish, Ings, lallana (if we sell shelvey) Harry Wilson, dunk, mcneil etc...

Sorry but I'll be massively disappointed if our transfer business is anything like that.

Bellingham and Grealish and you'd be disappointed :lol:

I think he was more referring to Lallana and Dunk. Lallana is past his best and Dunk is no better than we already have.

Aye, that and becoming the richest club in the world and immediately signing four players from the worst team in the league.

Howay, lads, we're minted, you don't win the lottery and go buy a 2 bed caravan at Haggerston Castle :lol:

After 13 years of Ashley, I wouldn’t be disappointed with that. Quite happy for us to be sensible in the transfer market working towards a sustainable plan. I’m not really arsed about trophy signings as long we are trying to compete.

£100m could go a very long way if pay in installments like everyone else does.

I've seen other reports and comments that they absolutely want to be bigger and better than Qatar in everything they do. I think MBS has a massive statement to prove and signing big name players to take the limelight away from Qatar (Man City) is more than possible.

I've seen other reports and comments that they absolutely want to be bigger and better than Qatar in everything they do. I think MBS has a massive statement to prove and signing big name players to take the limelight away from Qatar (Man City) is more than possible.

Qatar are PSG. UAE are Man City.

Also, these lot will want NUFC appeal to everyone in Saudi Arabia. There is no way they won't go all in. This investment is part of their reform and 2030 vision.

Also, these lot will want NUFC appeal to everyone in Saudi Arabia. There is no way they won't go all in.

You're correct, my mistake.

From what I understand the rivalry they have with Qatar is more than UAE? Either way, MBS wants to be the biggest and best.

Also, these lot will want NUFC appeal to everyone in Saudi Arabia. There is no way they won't go all in.

You're correct, my mistake.

From what I understand the rivalry they have with Qatar is more than UAE? Either way, MBS wants to be the biggest and best.

I really hope this does come off because it will massively change our club. These guys are the richest in the Middle East and seeing as they are starting to make moves away from mostly being an oil-dependent ultra conservative Islamic country, given what they have spent in terms of bringing a new image to the country with some of the events that have been happening there (boxing, wrestling, music festivals etc.); I see no reason why they won't pump as much money as possible into this project.

Dunk is massively underrated on here. He’s as good as Lejeune (who is always injured) and For me only Schar is better than him in our squad. If we’re off buying European stars we need a balance, even if it’s for registration. Lallana is far superior to shelvey and is on a free.

Dunk is massively underrated on here. He’s as good as Lejeune (who is always injured) and For me only Schar is better than him in our squad. If we’re off buying European stars we need a balance, even if it’s for registration. Lallana is far superior to shelvey and is on a free.

Lallana is also 32 and hasn’t played regularly for a couple of seasons. His best is behind him and if we’re looking to progress we should be signing better and younger.

Lallana is also 32 and hasn’t played regularly for a couple of seasons. His best is behind him and if we’re looking to progress we should be signing better and younger.

We've already got 2 young prospects in midfield and what they need is some guidance, and we certainly need some experience in there. It's about building a balanced squad rather than just a 1st team. If we could sell Shelvey and replace him for free with a player not going to spit the dummy if he doesn't play the majority of games then i think its a decent idea, especially if we're staying within FFP.

Tyrone Mings might be another one worth looking at. Just broke into the England squad and seems to have a lot about his game.

I know centre half isnt first priority but I doubt that will matter to anyone coming in.

Hes also at the perfect age, 27.

Guest Howaythetoon

Tyrone Mings might be another one worth looking at. Just broke into the England squad and seems to have a lot about his game.

I know centre half isnt first priority but I doubt that will matter to anyone coming in.

Him and Danny Ings, Mings can only get better :lol: