Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Atlético need to find €30m to balance the books after failing to qualify for the CL. Everything points to a Falcao sale, but maybe there's something you could fish in there?

What the banks dont want to donate money to them like they do with Real?  :o

They have one of the biggest debt-to-turnover ratios in La Liga. They are pretty fucked to be honest.

And the bank that holds most of Real Madrid's debt has just been nationalised as it was on the verge of going bust :lol:

To raise the 30 million elsewhere they'd have to sell a crop of players. Can't see it, think they'll just flog Falcao.

It's probably the easiest way to go about it. They'll still claim a profit and he's pretty much won them a cup. But two seasons on the trot selling the fan favorite will be a hard sell from the board (which is extremely unpopular among the fans).

To raise the 30 million elsewhere they'd have to sell a crop of players. Can't see it, think they'll just flog Falcao.

It's probably the easiest way to go about it. They'll still claim a profit and he's pretty much won them a cup. But two seasons on the trot selling the fan favorite will be a hard sell from the board (which is extremely unpopular among the fans).

Don't know really, having a shitty board theese days can be a blessing in disguise as arabs will probably be all over them if the board goes bust.

Given the sheer amount needed to buy Atlético and cover their debt, I see oil moguls rather going for something like Málaga, which cost pocket change to buy, and pump the money into players instead.

Spanish teams outside the ugly sisters aren't such attractive purchases. One of the endemic problems of the league is the absolute lack of sizable club following outside their natural catchment areas. Have you seen many Asian kids with Valencia shirts?

I not sure i should put this question in the 'Realistic' thread but what's happened to Ross Barkley from Everton?

I thought he looked like a superb player in the making. Excellent athlete, tall, strong and quick, great technique. Just needs game time to learn the game. Thought he looked a sure bet tbh!

Hasn't been featuring for Everton and i can't see that he's injured.

Needless to say, would love him at NUFC / pipe dream...

David Alaba from Bayern. He was an absolute beast against Real Madrid, and he's been great in the odd Bayern game I have seen this season.

He's been brilliant but i really cannot see Bayern selling as they never seem to sell players they want.

giroud or dejong would be great

i think demba ba can leave and we won't lose too much.

please no cissokho from lyon, he is shit, a taiwo sort of player.

if next year jonas is on the bench, it will mean we lgo champions league.

Just been reading a bit more about that Butterfield lad, thought this was interesting:

He can score from 30 yards either foot. He can take the ball from the back four while under pressure. He can pass long and creates chances for others.

It's no coincidence we've scored so few goals from midfield over the second half of the season, conceded so many, generally had less possession and created much less when we've had it. The midfield 3 of Drinkwater, Butterfield and Perkins was crucial in our early season form. Dawson could do a job like Drinkwater but we havent replaced the creativity and skill of Butterfield.

£2m, an absolute snip, recovering from injury or not.

The bit in bold in particular, because I think they're attributes we desperately need in our midfield.

Still think we should get Sigurdsson, although Butterfield sounds good too. Gylfi counts as a home-grown player as well

Personally think if we sign Butterfield, Amalfantino(sp?), give players like Vuckic and Abeid more minutes and believe Marveaux can stay fit i dont think we will buy another midfielder.....

Providing everyone stays i expect RB, CB, Butterfield, Amalfantino and a young versatile forward.... if Best were to leave id expect him to be replaced and same goes for anyone else that leaves.

And i'll be happy with that, i also think Pardew will consider Marveaux a new signing ( if he can prove fitness in pre-season)

We need a bigger squad when it comes to quality in depth as well, we barely made it through this season, and this without european/cup football as well. And to be totally honest i think we've been quite lucky with injuries this time.

We need a bigger squad when it comes to quality in depth as well, we barely made it through this season, and this without european/cup football as well. And to be totally honest i think we've been quite lucky with injuries this time.

I dont think the size of the squad is necessarily the issue.... more so the squad has too many "fillers" and not enough quality..... when you look at the numbers its a big squad just full of players who are not really up to the job.

And seeing as midfield is the topic of discussion at the moment i do genuinely believe if Marveaux can prove his fitness and Vuckic and Abeid giving more minutes and signings like Butterfield and Amalfantino i dont think think we need anything more in midfield.....

I dont think the size of the squad is necessarily the issue.... more so the squad has too many "fillers" and not enough quality..... when you look at the numbers its a big squad just full of players who are not really up to the job.

And seeing as midfield is the topic of discussion at the moment i do genuinely believe if Marveaux can prove his fitness and Vuckic and Abeid giving more minutes and signings like Butterfield and Amalfantino i dont think think we need anything more in midfield.....

Isn't this what i said as well?  :rolleyes: The squad needs to get bigger than now, and above all more quality in depth.

I do think we need a new CM with real quality.

Isn't this what i said as well?  :rolleyes: The squad needs to get bigger than now, and above all more quality in depth.

I do think we need a new CM with real quality.

Ah yes you did sorry about that i tend to skim through posts and sometimes miss important points my bad.

Given the sheer amount needed to buy Atlético and cover their debt, I see oil moguls rather going for something like Málaga, which cost pocket change to buy, and pump the money into players instead.

Spanish teams outside the ugly sisters aren't such attractive purchases. One of the endemic problems of the league is the absolute lack of sizable club following outside their natural catchment areas. Have you seen many Asian kids with Valencia shirts?

Such a shame that the whole financial crisis / mismanagement of others only goes to make La Liga more uncompetitive.

Anyhoo any of Dutch regulars seen much of David Texeira? Supposed to the 3rd great light of Salto (after Suarez and Cavani)