QPR 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/09/11 - Post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

How many saves did krul make?

none.

Well that's a lie.

I can't remember him making a save, but he did get beat by SWP and was thankful for Saylor to head off the line.

We're keeping clean sheets and not losing games and picking up points despite not playing well.

I'll take that like.

Guest WashyGeordie

And another thing, our hoofball and the majority of Krul's distribution was like an extra man for QPR. 90% of the time it was effectively giving possession away!

And Shola!

If we're looking for a positive it's that we didn't give in at any point. Everyone, and I'll take the liberty of excluding Obertan from this (I doubt he knows what to do), put there all into it when defending and we kept another clean-sheet against, yes I'll repeat, the most potent attacking performance we've had to weather. Well until they took SWP off the right wing in the second half - baffling decision that - and it all got a little stale.

s*** in possession, but their midfield overran ours, including the excellent Taarabt, who worried both our central midfielders throughout the game curtailing any time they had to think about moving forward. Obvious biggest hitch is Ryan Taylor who has nothing when we're in possession. Remove that one player and we'll look twice the team in possession.

Hopefully we come up against a more settled, less energetic, side at Villa Park with a new competent left back in the side.

we didn't give in because they didn't score, and that was more by luck than design.

Not having this shit.  We played throughout and battled to the end in defence.

Going to look at positives. Another clean sheet. Players to come in. We were against the hype of q p r. Unbeaten. 4th in table? 1 goal conceded, who betterso that ? Can't be much worse that tonight.  Still a great start to season. Need to improve though

Guest Dontooner

Wasn't surprise with our Sunday league passing. We sold Barton,Jose and to some extend Nolan which can actually pass the ball to feet. Aye not whinging about them leaving, but please Pardew shape the team and organize them to pass the ball around and into space!!

Hope the team play will improve at Villa and ffs play the new players.

btw do like the looks of the new players. When most of them can start, i believe we would be a much more fluid team.

none.

Well that's a lie.

I can't remember him making a save, but he did get beat by SWP and was thankful for Saylor to head off the line.

We're keeping clean sheets and not losing games and picking up points despite not playing well.

I'll take that like.

Don't disagree. Our centre backs have been superb this season for the most part.

none.

Well that's a lie.

I'll take that like.

Don't disagree. Our centre backs have been superb this season for the most part.

yet we couldn't have argued if qpr put 3 or 4 past us tonight and fulham could easy have had another couple aswell.

Guest WashyGeordie

none.

Well that's a lie.

I'll take that like.

yet we couldn't have argued if qpr put 3 or 4 past us tonight and fulham could easy have had another couple aswell.

If being the crucial word.

SWP was made to look good by Ryan Taylor, most definitely.  Shola was his fucking useless immobile, stumbling self.  Tiote's passing was shocking and Cabaye's wasn't much better.

Terrible performance.

In fairness SWP was genuinely good today, wasn't just Raylor who was making him look good.

Then again I could have sworn we were playing Barca's midfield in the second half, going by how good they looked compared to us.

Guest Dontooner

SWP was made to look good by Ryan Taylor, most definitely.  Shola was his f***ing useless immobile, stumbling self.  Tiote's passing was shocking and Cabaye's wasn't much better.

Terrible performance.

Why did we give Shola a new contract again?....and i think Sammy is on his final Year.

Get him Signed!

SWP was made to look good by Ryan Taylor, most definitely.  Shola was his f***ing useless immobile, stumbling self.  Tiote's passing was shocking and Cabaye's wasn't much better.

Terrible performance.

In fairness SWP was genuinely good today, wasn't just Raylor who was making him look good.

Then again I could have sworn we were playing Barca's midfield in the second half, going by how good they looked compared to us.

his final ball was crap

Embarrassing that tbh. We were lucky, we're riding our luck just like Stoke are right now, difference is, I think this is the best we can get. Time wasting at QPR, is it just me or is that just embarrassing as hell, these are the games we should be winning FFS.

Pardew lost the plot tonight and he's the luckiest man alive to not be punish by first of all picking Ryan Taylor and secondly not taking the plank off, against a better team we would have been murdered tonight.

Think I had a hand in us getting a point tonight. Bet on QPR to win, so fate/cosmos couldn't let them win, 'cause that would have gotten me some money, and it couldn't have let us win, as that would have made me happy, so all that was left was a draw  :pow:

:promotion:

Terrible performance.

his final ball was crap

no they werent, bad timing by bothroyd and a good block by saylor stopped him setting up 2 with good play.

Terrible performance.

his final ball was crap

no they werent, bad timing by bothroyd and a good block by saylor stopped him setting up 2 with good play.

:thup:

That was shit. But can't believe we got a point out of it, they should have had four goals at least. And SWP really hurt us, like I expected, cunt. I guess we just have to accept games like that when we're at this level, a point away from home is fine, though. Would have really liked to see Marveaux on earlier, preferably for Obertan.