QPR 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/09/11 - Post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul-6. Instructed to waste time and hoof so...

Simpson-6.5. Better, good pace and some decent parts.

Saylor-6. Alright.

Coloccini-6. Struggled from time to time.

Raylor-3. Just fuck off man.

Obertan-5. Doesn't do very well wide right. Little support.

Cabaye-4. Anonymous. Obviously our style of play doesn't suit him though.

Tiote-4. Slow, unagile.

Jonas-5. Tried his best but with Raylor behind him, his effectiveness is much less.

Ameobi-3. He's still getting games. Jesus.

Best- 6. Good first half, very quiet second.

Ba- 6. Better than Shola. Play him.

Marveaux-5. Not much time, got a bit of flair. Got to start over Obertan for now.

Sameobi- Whatever.

We have the players to try to go out and play good football. Pardew surely must realise what Ryan Taylor is, and that is a bloody poor footballer. It's clear our tactics weren't working in the first twenty minutes, need a big change in style and soon. Hopefully Santon will allow us to be comfortable with the ball and playing it into Jonas and Cabaye.

Going to have to get used to taking points from shitty performances.  Always nice to get any points from games in London so its a good result, but we could easily have been turned over.

Tiote was extremely awful. His job is to maintain possesion at all costs when he recieves the ball and to sheild the defenders/sit in the dangerous spaces when the other team is in possession. He fails in both of these aspects. He was maybe ouor best player last season, but he has played poorly in every game since Arsenal, imo. Needs to improve if he wants his move to a top six club.

Ryan Taylor isn't a good footballer, but his performance tonight was far below his anaemic standards. He looked an amateur.

Travesty of a game. Shola and Raylor HAS to be out of the side now surely? On the plus side; 1 point, clean sheet, CBs and Krul look very solid.

Krul - 6

Simpson - 6

Saylor - 7

Colo - 6

Raylor - 3

Obertan - 5

Cabaye - 5

Tiote - 4

Jonas - 4

Shola - 2

Best - 5

Ba - 5

Marveaux - not enough time.

My first set of ratings EVER.  They’re spot on.

Krul – Shakey when QPR players were going at him in full flight.  Could have cost us a goal or two with a few poorly timed actions.  5

Simpson – Very solid in the first half.  Reminiscent of the Simpson that impressed me greatly a long time ago.  More of the same please.  7

Coloccini – Solid, didn’t do a lot wrong.  Had some very classy decisive moments where he got the better of his opponent.  6/7

Steven Taylor – Beast in the air.  Covered the ground well and was never out of place.  Bonus point for being a complete clown on that freekick.  7

Ryan Taylor – clumsy, uncertain, out of position, beaten a lot of the time.  Worst player on the pitch for us because we could not get any possession down the left side.  4

Tiote – lost his feet.  Looks nervy, maybe, worryingly, the opponents sussed his game.  Needs to get his confidence back and start getting it simple.  Ran hard and positioned well in defence though, so he boosts to a…  5

Cabaye – Ran his face off.  Had fuck all to work with.  Needs some recognition so he gets my nod for our best performer.  Few key passes and glimpses of quality.  7+

Jonas – poor in the final third, clumsy on the ball with shocking crosses.  Worked hard in defence though.  Pretty typical Jonas.  6

Obertan – WHY WONT YOU RUN AT YOUR MAN?  WHY WONT YOU SHOOT.  So frustrating.  Tidy in possession, but that’s not what he’s in the team for is it?  Get wide and get running.  And track back.  5

Best – our best forward, but not great.  Slow, goes missing and doesn’t provide enough pressure on the opposition.  But, he had a moment of real quality early on so gets a bonus point.  6

Ameobi – slow, clumsy.  Unfit.  Worst I’ve seen him.  Usually saves himself with his work, hold-up play and pressure on the defence, but none of that was there.  4/5

Ba – worked hard, had not a lot to do and had glimpses of quality.  Get fit please.  6

Marv’ – real quality on the ball – didn’t lose it once.  Work your way into the team NAOW  6

Tiote was extremely awful. His job is to maintain possesion at all costs when he recieves the ball and to sheild the defenders/sit in the dangerous spaces when the other team is in possession. He fails in both of these aspects. He was maybe ouor best player last season, but he has played poorly in every game since Arsenal, imo. Needs to improve if he wants his move to a top six club.

Tiote seems, as pesimistic as it sounds, to become more and more a one-season-wonder.

That was painful to watch. Where was the heart, the passion, the desire. And I completely blame Pardew for that, I was screaming for changes before 30 minutes were up. Why the fuck does he persist with Shola, and if Raylor starts the next game I'll be astonished. Saylor kept us in it, they could have been out of sight by half-time.

Sewelly, you still think SWP is shite?

Tiote lost the ball in some horrible positions, Guitterez proved again he's absolutley garbage - the ONLY thing he offers is tracking back. Obertan looked good in places, and then completely static and inept in others.

How the fuck we got a point I'll never know but I'm real glad we did. Let's hope that was a wake-up call to Pardew. Ba, Marveaux and Santon to start next time thank you.

Fortunate enough not to have seen the game but it's a pity not to have picked up a very attainable three points here. What's more disappointing is to read about some dreadful individual performances, including from the manager. (Cheick a one-season wonder now?)

Three clean sheets from four, and 8 points from 12 is a very good return (i factor in the opposition there, n'all)... but you can't help but feel we're riding our luck at times. Villa will be a better judge of whether or not we really have made progress as a team.

My first set of ratings EVER.  They’re spot on.

Krul – Shakey when QPR players were going at him in full flight.  Could have cost us a goal or two with a few poorly timed actions.  5

Simpson – Very solid in the first half.  Reminiscent of the Simpson that impressed me greatly a long time ago.  More of the same please.  7

Coloccini – Solid, didn’t do a lot wrong.  Had some very classy decisive moments where he got the better of his opponent.  6/7

Steven Taylor – Beast in the air.  Covered the ground well and was never out of place.  Bonus point for being a complete clown on that freekick.  7

Ryan Taylor – clumsy, uncertain, out of position, beaten a lot of the time.  Worst player on the pitch for us because we could not get any possession down the left side.  4

Tiote – lost his feet.  Looks nervy, maybe, worryingly, the opponents sussed his game.  Needs to get his confidence back and start getting it simple.  Ran hard and positioned well in defence though, so he boosts to a…  5

Cabaye – Ran his face off.  Had fuck all to work with.  Needs some recognition so he gets my nod for our best performer.  Few key passes and glimpses of quality.  7+

Jonas – poor in the final third, clumsy on the ball with shocking crosses.  Worked hard in defence though.  Pretty typical Jonas.  6

Obertan – WHY WONT YOU RUN AT YOUR MAN?  WHY WONT YOU SHOOT.  So frustrating.  Tidy in possession, but that’s not what he’s in the team for is it?  Get wide and get running.  And track back.  5

Best – our best forward, but not great.  Slow, goes missing and doesn’t provide enough pressure on the opposition.  But, he had a moment of real quality early on so gets a bonus point.  6

Ameobi – slow, clumsy.  Unfit.  Worst I’ve seen him.  Usually saves himself with his work, hold-up play and pressure on the defence, but none of that was there.  4/5

Ba – worked hard, had not a lot to do and had glimpses of quality.  Get fit please.  6

Marv’ – real quality on the ball – didn’t lose it once.  Work your way into the team NAOW  6

Awful presentation like

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Considering how the game went it's a miracle that we have left this game with a point.

If only Leon Beast had scored that chance it would have been a proper robbery :)

i was at work and couldn't watch the whole game.  In the 1st half SWP played wide and was extremely dangerous, creating chances at will.  Then it appeared that he played more centrally in the 2nd half and was no where's near as dangerous.  Did I see that right?

yes, spot on

I don't think we can play much worse than that, so one point feels like three at the moment. We were poor in every area and just couldn't cope with the way they hassled us from the first minute until the last.

We need to start playing the ball out from the back because we're instantly putting ourselves under pressure by aimlessly hoofing it up the pitch. We've got some decent footballers in that area of the pitch so why not use them instead of punting it towards Shola and then watching it come straight back at us?

Tiote seems, as pesimistic as it sounds, to become more and more a one-season-wonder.

I wouldn't go that far, but some management is needed from the coaching staff. He need to release the ball much more quickly, clubs have realised that if they crowd him he gets a bit jittery.