Aston Villa v NUFC - Sat 17th September 3PM

wormy

If shola is to start games it needs to be ones where we think we can boss the midfield without an additional man and their defensive line is a little small and flimsy. On the latter yes I suppose Shola on a good day may be good but Villa's midfield is too good

As its away and not going to be easy, Zoggy is bound to be up for it.. Gosling playing is not a bad idea.

Gosling was outstanding there for England U21's

-------------------Krul

Simo------Tayl----------Colo-------Santon

------------Cab----------Tiote

Gos----------------------------------Jonas

--------------Marv

-------------------------Best

Incidentally I think Villa are very beatable. McCleish is too defensive and they haven't looked great this season. It depends how we are set up and who starts whether we get a result. Put Santon and Marveaux in the starting line up instead of Raylor and Shola and I think it could make a big difference.

Incidentally I think Villa are very beatable. McCleish is too defensive and they haven't looked great this season. It depends how we are set up and who starts whether we get a result. Put Santon and Marveaux in the starting line up instead of Raylor and Shola and I think it could make a big difference.

Have they lost more or less games than us this season?

Have they lost more or less games than us this season?

I don't think they've lost any yet have they?

We haven't lost any either it doesn't mean we are unbeatable. It's only been 5 games yet.

Pards needs to force the club forward, move away from the 442 and the shite players who have been starting.

I like 4-5-1 that some people have posted:

Krul

Simpson  Saylor Colo Santon

Cabaye  Tiote

Obertan  Marveaux  Jonas

Ba

Keep the ball on the deck.  Stop hoofing it, work the ball up and encourage more movement.  I don't like the way Obertan stands around but when he is more involved offensively, he's more active overall (from what I've seen).  McLeish is unimaginative and seems happy trying to scrape a win.  No reason we can't win this game.

After listening to AP after the game yesterday, I can't see us playing 2 strikers against this lot. Will be either Shola/Best... and if he has confidence in Santon he'll come in a LB with Raylor moving to RM I reckon...

Krul

Santon

Steven Taylor

Coloccini

Ferguson

Obertan

Cabaye

Tiote

Gutierrez

Marveaux

Best

We need to change both the fullbacks imo, I'd be delighted to see this. Gosling behind Best wouldn't be too bad, either.

Just had the thought that if he sticks with Raylor. Imagine Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia swapping sides, each taking turns to tear him a brand new orifice.

Doesn't bare thinking about.

although there was a credible argument for it, he shouldnt have stuck with taylor for QPR. if he hasnt learned his lesson he's got no eyes tbh. we're playing badly and yet we're picking up points, we'll lose this unless there's a drastic improvement from pardew in terms of team selection and tiote in terms of not giving it to the opposition ten times a game

Santon has played a game for the stiffs and will have had a week's training with the lads - he'll almost certainly start, especially seeing how poor Sad Taylor was. Personally, I'd be dropping Simpson too, playing Santon at right-back and playing Ferguson left-back, but that's never gonna happen.

i'd like to see something like this

Krul

Simpson  Saylor    Colo    Santon

Cabaye    Tiote

Ba            Marveaux        Jonas

Best

we really need a link between midfield and attack and the 2 in the centre of a 4-4-2 clearly isnt doing anything for tiote, he needs a  bit of help sorting himself out or this run of bad form could turn into something more serious. pardew needs to tell him to play the way he's facing for a start.

The following 9 have got to start for me:

Krul

Simpson

Santon

Tiote

Coloccini

Taylor

Marveaux

Cabaye

Best

Santon has got to come in for Taylor, thats obvious.

Might just be me but I was not at all impressed with Obertan - seems to disappear for half an hour at a time, and I didn't think he tracked back well enough either, which isnt really on. Seen enough from Marveaux to want to see him start.

Best is our form striker - also thought he was also our best player in the first half v QPR (not saying a great deal though) would start ahead of Ba imo.

After that its two from Ba / Gosling / Jonas / Obertan.

I'd go with Jonas and Gosling. Don't think he'll go with 2 strikers after Monday so not Ba. Gosling is needed to beef up the midfield after Tiote's slightly concerning performances and its Jonas ahead of Obertan for me. So:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor        Coloccini    Santon

Marveaux  Tiote  Cabaye  Gosling  Jonas

Best

is my line up. Mightn't be that exciting but can add a bit to the attack after the hour mark with Obertan, Ba, and Sammy if neccessary and shouldnt get pummelled in midfield like we did on Monday night.