Aston Villa v NUFC - Sat 17th September 3PM

wormy

Cant understand why people still want to see Jonas on the left. He has no end product whatsoever.

I appreciate he can bring the ball out of defence, but this usually only relieves the pressure for seconds as the ball is very quickly given back to the other team allowing them to attack again.

Give Marveaux a try or even let young Fergie have a run.

We desperately need some creativity and ammunition for our forwards and he has consistently proved that he can do neither.

*cough* full of shit *cough*

There is far too much being asked of Jonas in our team at present. Once Ben Arfa is back he should have more time and space and I expect better. At the moment he is the only one trying to bring the ball out of defence rather than hoofing it and our central midfield was completely bypassed on Monday. He is also having to track back non stop to help out poor Ryan.

Lotus - Yeh pretty much exactly but might start Fabien Delph & bring Jenas off the bench.

Jenas is injured and won't be fit in time.

I will be amazed if this is anything but a draw, and not at all surprised if it is goalless

We are very solid defensively these days, but struggle to get the ball to Bent, as N'Zogbia hasn't really settled yet, and the manager is still trying to get midfield right.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I would be happy with a point but not too disheartened by a loss. It's going to be a hard place to go I imagine because unlike most premier league teams you actually have a proper striker.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I haven't really watched you this season apart from highlights.

Recent records point to home win but hopefully we can get our act together after monday, keep the ball on the deck & actually try & create rather than booting it to nowhere.

Lotus - Yeh pretty much exactly but might start Fabien Delph & bring Jenas off the bench.

Jenas is injured and won't be fit in time.

I will be amazed if this is anything but a draw, and not at all surprised if it is goalless

We are very solid defensively these days, but struggle to get the ball to Bent, as N'Zogbia hasn't really settled yet, and the manager is still trying to get midfield right.

Sounds like we are in for a screamer! :lol:

Personally i can`t wait, think its going to be a entertaining match.

You haven't missed much.

It has been very austere and functional. Pretty much like at least half the teams in the PL currently. Just uninspirational, and rather shapeless.

Should be a cracker of a game then. :lol:

From what i have seen of you, and what I have seen of us, it is going to be an absolute borefest. Trust me, I have an innate ability to sniff the dull ones out in advance, and this is one of them.

I've got a season ticket but am toying with the idea of taking the Mrs shopping instead for the afternoon instead. That's how convinced I am that this is going to be a snoozathon.

EDIT - I figure I can at least go to Waterstones, get a copy of the book I am reading currently, find one of those comfy chairs up on the top floor and read for a couple of hours. Then the Mrs will come back brandishing bags of clothes, and happy.

That, friends, is the exciting life I lead.

Thanks for making me feel like I've really spent my £43 well. :lol:

43 quid? Jesus fucking Christ. I heard Wolves fans complaining about us charging them a fortune too the other week.

I'll let you have some nice pubs to go to if you're looking for somewhere away from beer-throwing mongs in the Cap and Gown.

Thanks for making me feel like I've really spent my £43 well. :lol:

43 quid? Jesus f***ing Christ. I heard Wolves fans complaining about us charging them a fortune too the other week.

I'll let you have some nice pubs to go to if you're looking for somewhere away from beer-throwing mongs in the Cap and Gown.

aye, wouldnt mind a few suggestions....only really been told 1 or 2 bars so far....and it looks like we're going to be there very early with plenty of time to kill!

You haven't missed much.

It has been very austere and functional. Pretty much like at least half the teams in the PL currently. Just uninspirational, and rather shapeless.

How are your bairns coming on? Clark, Bannan & Delfounso, etc......

You haven't missed much.

How are your bairns coming on? Clark, Bannan & Delfounso, etc......

McLeish has been inexplicably playing Heskey as an attacking midfielder (no, seriously), but he's fortunately injured, which means Bannan will start on Saturday. I think Bannan is going to be a quality player.

Delfouneso is the one I don't think will make it. Gary Gardner is the one I really, really want to see get his break as soon as possible, as he's the best of the lot.