UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Tooj

Man City are losing?! Why it's almost as though the teams playing in the Champions League are better than Swansea City, Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic.

You missed Spurs off that list. ;) They've been impressive.

Chelsea won their first five league games last season 6-0, 6-0, 2-0, 3-1, 4-0 and won nowt. Just saying.

Hm, noted. Don't think it's premature to consider Man City title contenders though. Their squad is frightening, and when they open the season playing as they have it's a bit of a 2 + 2 situation.

On a separate note, this referee has been different class tonight :thup:

Man City are losing?! Why it's almost as though the teams playing in the Champions League are better than Swansea City, Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic.

You missed Spurs off that list. ;) They've been impressive.

Chelsea won their first five league games last season 6-0, 6-0, 2-0, 3-1, 4-0 and won nowt. Just saying.

Hm, noted. Don't think it's premature to consider Man City title contenders though. Their squad is frightening, and when they open the season playing as they have it's a bit of a 2 + 2 situation.

On a separate note, this referee has been different class tonight :thup:

Oh I don't doubt they're title contenders. Was talking about the CL which is different gravy.

Guest CheickMansour

Seriously, I thought the Germany game was the end of his career but alas know he soldiers on. Average, one paced, one footed footballer, yet Capello and Mancini love him. Mind boggling.

He's terrible. Hard to believe how much the media were bigging him up just a few years ago.

Seriously, I thought the Germany game was the end of his career but alas know he soldiers on. Average, one paced, one footed footballer, yet Capello and Mancini love him. Mind boggling.

He's terrible. Hard to believe how much the media were bigging him up just a few years ago.

I refer you to this..

Internet hyperbole is fast becoming a really irritant of mine.  Particularly when aimed at Gareth Barry.  Barry is not 'abysmal', he is far from that.  He is a worthy England international and first team player of a Champions League club.  He may not be everybody's cup of tea in terms of his playing style, but what he does, he does well and two highly experienced Italian managers both seem to agree on his ability.