Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 42

Rich

Guest sydneycove

Out of curiosity how far do you boys have to travel for these fxtures?

Newcastle to Villa Park is about 200 miles each way.

3 hours sounds sweet cant wait to do some of these trips when I get over there :D

How much difference it makes to our team play when we actually play the ball on the ground rather than hoofing it very time we get the ball. Compare our two styles of play against QPR and Aston Villa.

Just seen the extended highlights of this. Really hope we carry this momentum in to the Forest game. They were shocking yesterday, could easily beat them by a few goals. Would like to see a few changes e.g. Marveaux, Sammy and maybe Gosling all starting. Cabaye needs to start though  :love:

did someone say a few pages back that the shola slagging has to stop? just popped in to say no, shola has to stop. he's fucking rubbish and has been his entire career, with the odd opportunist goal thrown in. he's so utterly detrimental to playing football that he's a wasted shirt, 70% of the time we may as well just loft it straight to their keeper rather than waste time or energy giving it to shola and expecting to keep possession

did someone say a few pages back that the shola slagging has to stop? just popped in to say no, shola has to stop. he's f***ing rubbish and has been his entire career, with the odd opportunist goal thrown in. he's so utterly detrimental to playing football that he's a wasted shirt, 70% of the time we may as well just loft it straight to their keeper rather than waste time or energy giving it to shola and expecting to keep possession

So wrong about the possession retention :lol:

did someone say a few pages back that the shola slagging has to stop? just popped in to say no, shola has to stop. he's f***ing rubbish and has been his entire career, with the odd opportunist goal thrown in. he's so utterly detrimental to playing football that he's a wasted shirt, 70% of the time we may as well just loft it straight to their keeper rather than waste time or energy giving it to shola and expecting to keep possession

do you exist in some sort of parallell universe where he doesn't constantly fall over his own feet and run the ball out of play? i've seen him keep possession before, i've seen him turn a man before, but it's the exception to the rule.

i didnt even see this game btw so i'm not basing it on one performance, it'd be pretty short sighted to judge a player on one game. how much do you know about that?

do you exist in some sort of parallell universe where he doesn't constantly fall over his own feet and run the ball out of play? i've seen him keep possession before, i've seen him turn a man before, but it's the exception to the rule.

i didnt even see this game btw so i'm not basing it on one performance, it'd be pretty short sighted to judge a player on one game. how much do you know about that?

Shola fell over with his first taste of the action against Villa right in front of the away support. After that he did ok really, winning some clever free kicks by his controlled positioning when the lumbering Dunne and Collins took it in turns to come through him with each high ball played up to him. It can't be easy playing target man against the likes of them, and winning free kicks can be a skill in itself. It can look dull and boring sometimes not taking risks with possesion in 50/50 challenges but is effective in killing the play to our advantage. Shola did this well on Saturday and the critisism can be too easily dealt out sometimes.

Shola fell over with his first taste of the action against Villa right in front of the away support. After that he did ok really, winning some clever free kicks by his controlled positioning when the lumbering Dunne and Doyle took it in turns to come through him with each high ball played up to him. It can't be easy playing target man against the likes of them, and winning free kicks can be a skill in itself. It can look dull and boring sometimes not taking risks with possesion in 50/50 challenges but is effective in killing the play to our advantage. Shola did this well on Saturday and the critisism can be too easily dealt out sometimes.

Spot on :clap:

I was real happy with the style of play.  Some dodgy defending at times but there were also some real nice individual plays made by the back four as well.  Cabaye is a real threat from distance and when teams catch on to that he'll have some nice passing lanes open up for him.  Best was in the right place at the right time, once again.  I thought Ba looked a more comfortable.  Marveaux looked good.  Tiote looked more like the Tiote of last year.  Can't wait to see HBA get a nice run of games with these lads.

Brummie what you saying bout the game broseph?

Nowt - didn't go, didn't see the highlights either, so am just going on what I've read, which is that our central midfield was feeble again and Tiote and the-other-bloke bossed it.

Still unbeaten, though.

I think I'm falling out of love with football. I seem totally detached from it all this season.

Brummie what you saying bout the game broseph?

Nowt - didn't go, didn't see the highlights either, so am just going on what I've read, which is that our central midfield was feeble again and Tiote and the-other-bloke bossed it.

Still unbeaten, though.

I think I'm falling out of love with football. I seem totally detached from it all this season.

Bannan looked canny.