Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 42

Rich

Good half, just lacking the penatration in the last third. I'd keep it the same 2nd half but they are bound to come at us, we need a left footer on the left wing. Bring Marveux on about 60th minute and possibly Lovenkrands for some extra pace. Ba looking good tho and good to see Tiote back to some sort of form from last season.

Obertan and Jonas seeing a lot of the ball, but as soon as we get to the box we're clueless.

Since both players have reputations for lack of end product it's hardly surprising we haven't scored goals this season. Even though I'm pleased we are actually playing football today, it all seems a bit powder puff.

:thup: My feelings exactly.

Guest VaVaVoom

Think we have looked decent at times, just need a little bit more composure in the final third.

We can still do this like...they dont look like owt special apart from pace upfront.

We've moved the ball well and its good to see Cabaye more advanced. Tiote has been an improvement in terms of winning the ball back but he still gives it away far too much. Kills our attacking impetus at times.

Ba and Best linking well too.

2-1 Cabaye and Ba

differences to how we've played in other games - colo's basically played as a defensive midfielder this half a good 15 yards ahead of saylor at most times, simpson and raylor's average positions are like 50 yards higher than they've been in previous matches and they're playing very, very wide, cabaye's pushed up behind the strikers, ba has shown for link play far more than shola, and done it more effectively.

obertan's been fucking awful in terms of productivity. beat his man a few times, and has been involved in one-twos and triangles, something he'd not participated in during previous games, but when it comes to the stuff that helps us score - gash.

cabaye and tiote - excellent. tiote's gotten better as the games gone on - shut down bannan well after he looked bright in the opening 20.

Good half, just lacking the penatration in the last third. I'd keep it the same 2nd half but they are bound to come at us, we need a left footer on the left wing. Bring Marveux on about 60th minute and possibly Lovenkrands for some extra pace. Ba looking good tho and good to see Tiote back to some sort of form from last season.

:sweetjesus: