Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 42

Rich

Guest Rey Mysterio

Really enjoyed it today but came away slightly disappointed we didn't bag the three points, don't think we'll get too many better opportunities on the road.

Great to finally see Tiote & Cabaye click, we shouldn't lose too many with that pair in centre mid, saying that they weren't up against much today (what the fucks happened to Fabian Delph?)

Obertan & Jonas were good in spells but lacked end product, nothing new there. I do think though they would benefit from a striker with better movement up top, similar (obviously not as good) to Hernandez. A few times the opportunity for an early cross was on but nothing to aim for in the middle. Other occasions, potentially dangerous crosses did come in but nobody had the awareness to gamble across the front post to make anything of it.

Play like that next week with potentially a Hatem thrown in there and we should be looking at 12 from 6 games.

Slightly disappointed that we didn't win today but all in all, I was pleased with the point and the performance. What a difference playing on the deck makes instead of that direct shite.

Even my mate who doesn't even watch/follow footy said that it was a good performance from us.

Overall, positive stuff today.

Guest sydneycove

Shows how we have moved forward after going backwards in my opinion. We went to Villa and got a point something we hadn't done in our last 5 EPL seasons and a game even last season we would be dreading knowing we were very unlikely to get anything but this season we went there and had every chance to take all 3 points and played well.

A special mention for the away support, at one point I think they were singing Toon Toon for about 10 minutes without stopping and the players responded to it.

Yes. :clap:

There were long spells of the match where only the NUFC away support were creating any sort of atmosphere.  Must be great for the lads to be on an away piece of grass and feel like they are getting home support.

Right I missed football first and match .of the day and I'm p*ssed. Can someone give me a summary on the match?

We probably played our best football of the season and played the ball along the ground for most of the time.  We did go route one a couple of times and so we should, just not all of the time.

Cabaye could have had 3 and we didn't have a poor player, unlike against QPR when most were poor.

Think about how bad we were against QPR, we were as good against Villa as we were bad against them.  No idea if they were poor or if we just made them look that way, I guess we were just that good and they couldn't get the better of our midfield.  It's easy to say they were shite but we deserve credit for that, if they were.

Right I missed football first and match .of the day and I'm p*ssed. Can someone give me a summary on the match?

We probably played our best football of the season and played the ball along the ground for most of the time.  We did go route one a couple of times and so we should, just not all of the time.

Cabaye could have had 3 and we didn't have a poor player, unlike against QPR when most were poor.

Think about how bad we were against QPR, we were as good against Villa as we were bad against them.  No idea if they were poor or if we just made them look that way, I guess we were just that good and they couldn't get the better of our midfield.  It's easy to say they were shite but we deserve credit for that, if they were.

There were long periods of time where the ball would not leave their half.  Was entertaining to watch.

Think about how bad we were against QPR, we were as good against Villa as we were bad against them.  No idea if they were poor or if we just made them look that way, I guess we were just that good and they couldn't get the better of our midfield.  It's easy to say they were s**** but we deserve credit for that, if they were.

after a number of beers that last paragraph is difficult to read, lets settle on they were poor and we played well

Think about how bad we were against QPR, we were as good against Villa as we were bad against them.  No idea if they were poor or if we just made them look that way, I guess we were just that good and they couldn't get the better of our midfield.  It's easy to say they were s**** but we deserve credit for that, if they were.

well thank fuck for hearing that, my pvr only recorded the second half so I had no clue how we played in the first. We should have won easily in the second half, they were there for the taking. I figured it was the same frustrating clueless perfomance.

We seemed to have zero ideas coming forward although cabaye did very well. Sounds promising on the first half performance though. We give attackers so much space and backup all the way until the box, where colo and Taylor get quickly turned which is a worry.

If you listen to the mcliesh interview on the been you would think they were unlucky not to win the game 'we started brilliantly he said at one point, fucking idiot you scored against the run of play, you were dominated for the majority of the game at home, you were lucky to get a dam point.

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,,11065_3407529,00.html

f***ing IDIOTS:

On-loan Manchester United winger Obertan was causing all kinds of problems for the Villa defence and picked out Demba Ba with a great delivery only for his shot to get deflected.

Gets worse...

Either side had the chance to take the three points as Villa's Bent saw his lob in the last 15 minutes denied by Ryan Taylor who cleared the cheeky effort despite it beating United goalkeeper Tim Krul.

Trevor Francis was one of the comentators over here in Oz on fox sports, it probably would have been the same feed for your football first highlights.

There was plenty of Villa dominated, let Newcastle back in the games, Villa should have won etc etc, then the stats came up. Complete opposite.

Wankers.

Guest sydneycove

Trevor Francis was one of the comentators over here in Oz on fox sports, it probably would have been the same feed for your football first highlights.

There was plenty of Villa dominated, let Newcastle back in the games, Villa should have won etc etc, then the stats came up. Complete opposite.

Wankers.

Nobody loves us in Australia :(

A special mention for the away support, at one point I think they were singing Toon Toon for about 10 minutes without stopping and the players responded to it.

:lol: That was class. Pretty much lost my voice after that.

Guest Dontooner

Aye the game really could have gone both ways...they had decent open chances.

We just control possession and outplayed them, but that doesnt mean we didnt have fatal defensive lapses. Its not like we dominated the game like a Man City and Man Utd....

If you listen to the mcliesh interview on the been you would think they were unlucky not to win the game 'we started brilliantly he said at one point, f***ing idiot you scored against the run of play, you were dominated for the majority of the game at home, you were lucky to get a dam point.

I know you don't want to hear this but they were unlucky not to score 3 goals and that would have given them the 3 points, on a normal day Bent would have scored easily on both. We dominated for most of the game.