Shearer for next Blackburn Boss?

kirkwdavis2001

Sorry if it's been covered elsewhere (I've not seen it) but there's a lot of talk of Shearer taking the Blackburn role should Keene move (or be moved) on; what are people's thoughts? I think that if he's going to take a role in management again then this would be perfect, 5-6 years gaining experience then the NUFC job

I think it's one of the very few jobs he would take. I think the pool of jobs he would take include only PL teams (any barring Sunderland) and those teams in the championship that are highly likely to be in the promotion spots or playoffs. In regards to whether I think they'd hire him as a manager, I'd say it would likely be a disaster. I backed him when there was a lot of talk about him at Cardiff but he would have had longer to prepare and more time to learn the ropes in the championship. If he was to get a PL job, especially one with a club that is fucking shit, I could see a divebomb effect

Considering he wanted to get shot of Barton after clashing in a dressing room bust up in the season he took us down, but was happy to join in the MOTD wankfest over Joey for public consumption today, makes me question his judgement even more. He's either a good liar or just clueless as Barton claimed in his dressing room bust up with Shearer. Or maybe both.

I think it's one of the very few jobs he would take. I think the pool of jobs he would take include only PL teams (any barring Sunderland) and those teams in the championship that are highly likely to be in the promotion spots or playoffs. In regards to whether I think they'd hire him as a manager, I'd say it would likely be a disaster. I backed him when there was a lot of talk about him at Cardiff but he would have had longer to prepare and more time to learn the ropes in the championship. If he was to get a PL job, especially one with a club that is f***ing s***, I could see a divebomb effect

May be it's a good thing if he take the sunderland job.

So he can do something that bruce failed to achieve, relegate them.

That would be special :D

Seriously though, never pay much attention to Blackburn these days.

How bad is the owner? Worst than ashley?

To be fair, I would much rather he become a coach or an assistant manager to learn the ropes before going for an actual job. I feel that he's set in place strict guidelines for himself when considering a job offer which may result in him crashing and burning if he's managing just for the name.

Guest KeithKettleborough

Based on his BBC appearances, his failure to make any real impact here, though maybe unfair in that respect, I feel that he will never make it as a manager. I probably disagree with more of his assessments than anyone else. The fact that he has all evening to prepare his script (or prepared for him) and still has trouble being fluent for say 3 games and very few minutes, I have come to the conclusion that he's not the brightest button in the box. Great footballer but grave doubts for management and for once, maybe agree with some of Bartons analysis.