Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The only problem that I have, is if he starts punting off young fringe players to Rangers on loan when our squad isn't the biggest as it is. Other than that, I'm not fussed.

Scotland is just about the last place on earth our youngsters should be sent to on loan, to further their football education.

• 2 weeks later...

How's that stadium name working out for us anyway, this showcase has being going on a while now, we must be inundated with offers.

My thoughts too....

I knew this would happen like, nobody would touch us with a bargepole to rename the stadium.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8154563/

Derek Llambias says critics of Mike Ashley's Newcastle regime "don't understand" how much has been achieved during his time at the club.

A four-year shirt sponsorship deal with loan company Wonga is the latest Ashley initiative to rile supporters who have long been opposed to the sportswear tycoon's five-year-old ownership.

Tension remains between terrace and boardroom despite success on the pitch under Alan Pardew, who was initially dismissed as a 'yes man' for the regime when he replaced the popular Chris Hughton.

Pardew recently committed to the club for eight years and Llambias reckons that deal - and Wonga's commitment to fund an Academy which is now all-but guaranteed Category One status - represents a huge fortnight's work.

He told the Journal: "We've been plugging away, slowly. You don't understand what we've done - we've done a good job. We've been realistic about what this club can do and what it can do in the future.

"Financially we are stable and we will get stronger and stronger. Financially we don't take anything out of the club, remember that. We don't charge the club any interest on the loans - we're not interested in that.

"What we want to do is bring something to the club and eventually, with eight years' stability, hopefully we'll do that. It's been a big fortnight - a very big fortnight. It's all about the season for us now."

How's that stadium name working out for us anyway, this showcase has being going on a while now, we must be inundated with offers.

My thoughts too....

I knew this would happen like, nobody would touch us with a bargepole to rename the stadium.

bump

I'm not sure why people can complain about the new sponsorship deal, we get the name St James' Park back (not that anyone called by the other name), we are getting an additional £3m a year in comparison to our previous sponsorship deal and the youth facilities are benefitting from it.

The only downside is we have a shite logo on our shirt now.

Guest bimpy474

is llambias a chav in a suit?

I'd be very surprised if that was the case.

Lives very near Canvey, Southend and Basildon......chavvers paradise.

I'm not sure why people can complain about the new sponsorship deal, we get the name St James' Park back (not that anyone called by the other name), we are getting an additional £3m a year in comparison to our previous sponsorship deal and the youth facilities are benefitting from it.

The only downside is we have a shite logo on our shirt now.

And that is fairly subjective. I'd actually put Wonga a touch above Virgin Money in the old looks department (and a fair sized grope above NTL).

Hate the word 'chav'. It's charva/er man.

Is Llambias a charva/er man in a suit?

No idea.

:lol:

barra boys gone big time imo.

good luck to them i say, just wish they did it diffrent here like.