Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest Roger Kint

Talksport saying its bollocks, although as i type it i wonder why bother mentioning it. Shit source rubbishing even shitter sources  :lol:

Look if the untrue rumors that he wants to sell sparks some foreign billionaire into making him an offer than good.. I know I know all this better the devil you know shit and out of the frying pan into the fire but its Ashley he is fkn magma not a frying pan.

It's just the general appalling standard of sports journalism. Especially during the summer when nothing is actually happening.

Better just watch Wimbledon.

I just read that Independent story. The amount of nonsense and obvious mistakes in there beggars belief. It reads like it was written and edited by unpaid interns... as perhaps it was.

Pricing down the tickets doesn't really affect your ability to sign players that much though, does it? Since gate receipts are actually quite small compared to stuff like TV money and the person wealth of owners.

The waiting list has gone because we aren't as successful, obviously. No club can avoid that effect.

Its not just that we aren't successful in terms of silverware - the standard of football is dire and we are seen as also-rans ; fans will not want to see rubbish on the field or feel as if we have no chance of even getting near to a FA/Littlewoods Cup Final.

Such things would be enough to bring fans back esp if we played attractive football.

People are NOT going to stay on a waiting list if they are being viewed with contempt by the clubs management or watching the side lose to Sunderland, Liverpool and Arsenal whilst conceding shed-loads of goals.......

Depends what your view of 'success' is.....

Pricing down the tickets doesn't really affect your ability to sign players that much though, does it? Since gate receipts are actually quite small compared to stuff like TV money and the person wealth of owners.

The waiting list has gone because we aren't as successful, obviously. No club can avoid that effect.

Its not just that we aren't successful in terms of silverware - the standard of football is dire and we are seen as also-rans ; fans will not want to see rubbish on the field or feel as if we have no chance of even getting near to a FA/Littlewoods Cup Final.

Such things would be enough to bring fans back esp if we played attractive football.

People are NOT going to stay on a waiting list if they are being viewed with contempt by the clubs management or watching the side lose to Sunderland, Liverpool and Arsenal whilst conceding shed-loads of goals.......

Depends what your view of 'success' is.....

NUFC will always get a level of support far outweighing what they should, in relation to any success, it's just the way it is.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd happily pay 1K to watch an NUFC side as good as KK's or Sir Bobby's trying to actually win things and in a pleasing way too. Given the amount of good money I spend on tat in my life it would be well worth it.

To watch what Pardew serves up.... I would pay a tenner a ticket!

That said, I reckon lower ticket prices is a good thing and I wouldn't like to see ours rise even if we were playing good stuff and doing well.

Our commercial revenue is appalling though. We have a very shitty kit deal, a shitty sponsor deal and we get nowt in advertising around the ground and even what we do get is from local firms meaning pennies. We outsourced our catering and even the club shop and website makes fuck all.

The corporate end is dead these days, people just don't want to pay good money to watch a shit team and a toxic brand.

When KK was manager big companies and very rich men were fighting to get a box and to get tickets. Same with Sir Bobby's era. Today anyone on here can get a seat in an executive box even against the mackems.

Our commercial revenue is appalling though. We have a very shitty kit deal, a shitty sponsor deal and we get nowt in advertising around the ground and even what we do get is from local firms meaning pennies. We outsourced our catering and even the club shop and website makes f*** all.

It really is woeful. I find it all the more surprising in that this should be Ashley's area of strength.

Our commercial revenue is appalling though. We have a very shitty kit deal, a shitty sponsor deal and we get nowt in advertising around the ground and even what we do get is from local firms meaning pennies. We outsourced our catering and even the club shop and website makes f*** all.

It really is woeful. I find it all the more surprising in that this should be Ashley's area of strength.

feels like the club is just dragging its arse to me, there's potential there for self-fulfilling ambition and its just wasted.

I'd happily pay 1K to watch an NUFC side as good as KK's or Sir Bobby's trying to actually win things and in a pleasing way too. Given the amount of good money I spend on tat in my life it would be well worth it.

To watch what Pardew serves up.... I would pay a tenner a ticket!

That said, I reckon lower ticket prices is a good thing and I wouldn't like to see ours rise even if we were playing good stuff and doing well.

The corporate end is dead these days, people just don't want to pay good money to watch a s*** team and a toxic brand.

When KK was manager big companies and very rich men were fighting to get a box and to get tickets. Same with Sir Bobby's era. Today anyone on here can get a seat in an executive box even against the mackems.

You do realise what outsourcing means don't you ??

It usually means you get a better deal than the cost of running something yourself. Which furthermore is guaranteed for the length of the contract, no ups and downs, guaranteed steady moolah.

The commercial revenue is poor, granted, but to sell corporate you've got to have a company with major presence in an area to entertain visitors. Not so sure there's that many around here now, certainly not with schmoosing, entertainment budgets like they used to be.

The fact we've gone from three club shops in the town to one says it all. The Monument Mall shop used to bring in £2m a year.

When I was a kid and didn't live in Newcastle, I adored those days when me and my dad came up here to see my grandparents and took the metro in to town, got off the Metro at Monument and I ran straight into the club shop. I'm sounding like a right knob now but it was magical. It really re-enforced the whole 'city living and breathing football' image.

Guest neesy111

The fact we've gone from three club shops in the town to one says it all. The Monument Mall shop used to bring in £2m a year.

What has caused that, is it anything beyond the lack of on-field success?

Merchandise revenue has fallen since Ashley came in.

If it still could bring in that sort of cash it'd still be there, the universal replica kit rip off is seen for what it is, coupled with a recession and tight money, stuff like that was always going to suffer.

If we were realistically chasing the title, things would change, but we're not and the way football is, are not likely too again for a long long time.

Monument Mall hiked up the rent when they upgraded it and the club never really put any effort into the Eldon Square one.

The fact we don't have a shop in the Airport departure lounge is criminal.

Erm there's a recession on. Be surprised if all clubs (apart from the obvious few) aren't the same. It's not ALL down to the FCB.

Monument Mall hiked up the rent when they upgraded it and the club never really put any effort into the Eldon Square one.

Why's it criminal, I go through there every week and the only shop I see selling stuff is duty free booze and tabs, even when we did have a presence there it was a cart.

If it would make money there'd be shops all over, the owners a retailer FFS

Why's it criminal, I go through there every week and the only shop I see selling stuff is duty free booze and tabs, even when we did have a presence there it was a cart.

Put a club shop in there and sell shirts at £30-35 quid a pop and you'd sell thousands over the summer.

Put a club shop in there and sell shirts at £30-35 quid a pop and you'd sell thousands over the summer.

No you wouldn't, really you wouldn't, we never did when we had a cart in there.

Guest neesy111

Erm there's a recession on. Be surprised if all clubs (apart from the obvious few) aren't the same. It's not ALL down to the FCB.

It fell under Shepherd's last year.