Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Zero hour contract seem perfectly fitted to a retail outlet like Sports Direct. The high street staff are usually young college types, and have no need for regular hours. Have SDs employees actually been asked if they deplore these terms and conditions?

I agree zero hours are often bad news for older employees seeking stability and regular pay, but of all the firms to target, it seems absurd to homes in the one outlet where it's arguably appropriate.

Guest Phil K

So we are still offloading members of our squad and signing NOBODY. Latest being poor bloody Campbell. The squad was KNOWN to be weak prior to the unwelcome arrival of Kinnear.

Kinnear has proved to be even worse than we dreamt he'd be in our most awful NUFC-ralated nightmares.

Ashley baffles me. Surely he can take his contempt of the fans too far ? Has he never heard of the term "cutting off your nose to spite your face" ?

Guest thenorthumbrian

It's says a lot that Ashley employs people in this exploitative way. Sports Direct are a big high street employer, not a pub which needs a few bar staff of a weekend. But it does say  a lot about the chipping away of any rights of ordinary UK workers which we are currently seeing.

Not sure. Don't know the process. They have heads of big business speaking to select committees in parliament quite often though.

Parliament love their Select Committee these days. Any business outrage in the media and they are dragging someone up there to look like they are doing something.

If you don't turn up, Bercow can have you arrested. Hence how Mugdock was forced to be there.

He send big dog Joe Kinnear in while he's still sober.

:lol: Could you imagine JFK in that environment?

'Ere, they're all cunts. Should be fackin' grateful Mike uses them. Useless shelf stacking cunts'.

'If it wasn't for Mike these facka's would be fackin facked.'

'I only worked 4 hours in August and it didn't do me any fackin 'arm'.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that there ARE people who have an interest in buying the club, but they will only make a move when it suits them....and that means if we start to struggle early this season and Ashley wants out fairly quickly.

Nobody is going to throw money away unnecessarily.