Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest bimpy474

I don't get how there are still Ashley lovers out there.  The man is literally bleeding the club dry.

are there actually? an apologist is not the same as a lover.

I tend to be the first one after trying to be the second.

The "Cockney Bastard" song came out again tonight.

Best the utter weaklings can do either side of singing about Shola and Pardew. Cretins.

Ron, man. Really think this fan rage is somewhat misplaced.

I was looking at the screen tonight thinking "daft cunts" at those that paid money to go and watch that in the flesh, then I took a look in the mirror at someone who was sitting at home like a mug doing exactly the same. Only difference is Sky got my money instead of NUFC, which is just as bad if not worse.

I don't think it is at all. The fans are refusing to fight for the club in supporting this nonsense.

I can see where you're coming from but I think it's pity more than anger that I feel towards them. However, I've been where they are so I can appreciate why they still turn up. There are times when it's all you have, and for some people it's all they'll ever have, they live for it. I can't be mad with people for supporting the team, which is what most of them are doing at the end of the day.

Fair point. :thup:

I just wish people would see the big picture. Surely virtually nobody enjoys the rubbish we serve up at SJP and on the road these days.

Guest bimpy474

Best the utter weaklings can do either side of singing about Shola and Pardew. Cretins.

I was looking at the screen tonight thinking "daft cunts" at those that paid money to go and watch that in the flesh, then I took a look in the mirror at someone who was sitting at home like a mug doing exactly the same. Only difference is Sky got my money instead of NUFC, which is just as bad if not worse.

I don't think it is at all. The fans are refusing to fight for the club in supporting this nonsense.

I can see where you're coming from but I think it's pity more than anger that I feel towards them. However, I've been where they are so I can appreciate why they still turn up. There are times when it's all you have, and for some people it's all they'll ever have, they live for it. I can't be mad with people for supporting the team, which is what most of them are doing at the end of the day.

Aslo there's a distinction between Newcastle the club we support and Newcastle the club Ashley owns, well for me there is. The club will be here long after than cunts gone. That's the club i love.

Guest bimpy474

I don't think I have ever seen you defend your bison girlfriend, bimpy.  Being as resigned as a Greek slave in a Roman mine is not the same as being an apologist.

I didn't mean as her lover like :lol:

I just wish people would see the big picture. Surely virtually nobody enjoys the rubbish we serve up at SJP and on the road these days.

it's all part of the building process, and we need stability.  And all of that utter crap.

I have to say despite it all, tonight was the first time I can ever remember sacking it off before the final whistle. The first and last time I can remember before this was when we found ourselves 3-1 down at home to Leicester in 1997...

I sat there like a dumpling in SJP feeling some sense of duty when the Mackems were running us ragged last season, but tonight at 3-0 just felt like my tipping point. Suppose everyone has their limit.

:thup:

I have to say despite it all, tonight was the first time I can ever remember sacking it off before the final whistle. The first and last time I can remember before this was when we found ourselves 3-1 down at home to Leicester in 1997...

I sat there like a dumpling in SJP feeling some sense of duty when the Mackems were running us ragged last season, but tonight at 3-0 just felt like my tipping point. Suppose everyone has their limit.

Good memories. Got a 2 match ban for swearing that day at 1-3.

Watched very little of the tail end of last season.

Guest neesy111

Watched very little of the tail end of last season.

I didn't even go to the Arsenal home game of last season, 1st game I've missed when I've had the ticket paid for etc.

Stability is bollocks if you build your house on a fault line.

Can't have stability without ability.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/McCoy_ISWYDT.gif

Why aren't the British billionaire as ambitious as their Russian or Arab counterparts ? Look at PSG, Monaco and even QPR and how their billionaire owners spend money on their clubs and the ambition they demonstrate compared to our tight arse Mike.

but what is the big picture? everyone stay's away? won't change anything not with the tv deal it would just mean further cost cuts and bring us no closer to anyone actually buying the club which is the big issue, no one wants to.

I can't help feeling that what we have seen this summer or rather what we haven't seen is proof that we are moving toward the end of Ashleys time here. Surely it has to be, no one in their right mind would have allowed Pardew to continue this season and then completely undermine his authority by employing what is effectively a babysitter to watch over him AND then give him no new signings other than the bare bare minimum to keep things ticking over no one that is apart from someone who is more than willing to sell up rather soon.

I can't help feeling that what we have seen this summer or rather what we haven't seen is proof that we are moving toward the end of Ashleys time here. Surely it has to be, no one in their right mind would have allowed Pardew to continue this season and then completely undermine his authority by employing what is effectively a babysitter to watch over him AND then give him no new signings other than the bare bare minimum to keep things ticking over no one that is apart from someone who is more than willing to sell up rather soon.

he won't go until he gets every penny he put into the club back, thats somewhere around £200m which I can't see anyone paying as it stands-thats also assuming he'll just take break even and not want a profit. What is looks like is the lunatics have taken over the asylum and that Llambias was in fact a moderating influence on Ashley, more prepared to make investment seemed to have learned the lesson from last summer, but nope JFK in instead and god knows who's actually running the club on the business side or trying to do the technical talks about transfers

The "Cockney b******" song came out again tonight.

I was looking at the screen tonight thinking "daft c***s" at those that paid money to go and watch that in the flesh, then I took a look in the mirror at someone who was sitting at home like a mug doing exactly the same. Only difference is Sky got my money instead of NUFC, which is just as bad if not worse.

but what is the big picture? everyone stay's away? won't change anything not with the tv deal it would just mean further cost cuts and bring us no closer to anyone actually buying the club which is the big issue, no one wants to.

Disagree - if Ashley is put into a position where he runs the risk of having to put money into the club because attendances were poor and nobody was buying merchandise, he would be out like a shot. In any case, his lack of investment in players will eventually lead to relegation and that will kill off his Sky golden goose.

Last night's result is the first step along the way to possibly being relegated.

Also don't agree that nobody wants to buy the club - they do, but they know what Ashley is like and they will wait until he is in a position where he cannot mess them about or hold them to ransom...Ashley isn't the only billionaire who thinks he is street-wise....as with everything else, there is always someone smarter/richer and they will come along eventually but it may take a while.