Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest TruToon94

When you're worth six billion what's a couple of extra million? I doubt if he sold up he'd even feel the pinch on his wallet. Does having the marketing around St James even make that much of a difference?

Him and Rupert Murdoch may be the two men in the world who can legitimately claim to be super-villiains. Ashley must feed on our misery because I can't see why he wants us!

What is the significance of 2016 for Cashley re evaluating owning us and thats a genuine question as i cannot see why he would sell when we are an easy money maker with tv money and 50k every home game  :undecided:

What is the significance of 2016 for Cashley re evaluating owning us and thats a genuine question as i cannot see why he would sell when we are an easy money maker with tv money and 50k every home game  :undecided:

Arbitory date that isn't soon. See we want to be like Villa, Arsenal, Southampton in our 3,4,5,8 year plan.

Arbitory date that isn't soon. See we want to be like Villa, Arsenal, Southampton in our 3,4,5,8 year plan.

Apart from linking it to when Rangers might be in the Champions League, I wondered whether they just came up with a date to quell the disquiet at the time.  If the fans think he is on his way in a couple of years, then they will put up and shut up for the duration. 

Apart from linking it to when Rangers might be in the Champions League, I wondered whether they just came up with a date to quell the disquiet at the time.  If the fans think he is on his way in a couple of years, then they will put up and shut up for the duration. 

The only thing I think it might be linked to would be the TV deal which I think gets renewed then which might make us more attractive as a sale but even then his profits from that are only likely to go up so why would he bother? Like you say I think it was just a casual red herring to quieten down the limited unrest from the customers.

absolutely this

Mark Hughes and Sam alladyce probably earn more individually than our entire coaching staff put together, we actually make money on transfers, the tv deal will only get bigger making the cup competitions even more lesson likely for us to be involved in. so there is basically no reason to either invest further or plan to sell the club as 52000 still turn up.

I just hope that when the Ashley hurricane does eventually blow through there will be enough of a club left to support and not the death warm up stadium full of recent placid premier league wonga fans we have right now