Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not saying I will never go back on the terraces, but now I have to be in the boardroom - I have to be hands on."

He said he is desperate to bring silverware to St James' Park, but more importantly he wants to see exciting football at Newcastle.

He said: "I want a team that will go all out to try to give Chelsea a walloping, that will try to stuff Tottenham and that will be brave and bold enough to attack Manchester United."

fuck sake

There's something in this quote like. We often did try and beat those teams specifically as if that was the be all and end all and then, not bother at home to teams like Reading and Wigan.

Bloody hell.

And to think their board turned down credible bids from that American 2 weeks ago who looked like he'd be able to sort the club out, for this alternative. Must be a right selfish bunch of cunts and they must somehow be making a lot of money out of an organisation that is currently financially crippled.

What a mess, why can't football just be about turning up on a Saturday to support your local team.

because the majority of the guys running football at a high level (ie club board members, FA's, UEFA and FIFA) are greedy bastards looking to line their pockets and don't give half a shit about the average fan beyond how much they can scam out of them.

Think this was my favourite bit:

The £5m Ashley has pledged, ahead of Thursday’s payday, will be used to repay the £3m loan he forwarded the club late last year.

He's getting his hooks further in by lending them more money to pay back the money he's already loaned them. If we weren't already in his clutches you would almost have to admire the fucking evil genius.

Some see fans continuing to pump hundreds/thousands of pounds a year into the club as being a tacit endorsement of the way the club is being run. The club has proved that they can pretty much do what they want, treat the fans with both contempt and disdain in equal measure and the punters still keep coming back. Coming back for more, year after year, encourages them to continue running the club in this manner because there's no consequence, the fanbase are a living, breathing human punchbag and they'll continue to smash the shit out of it. And they're having their pockets lined for the privilege.

I can understand the social side of things being an attraction but there comes a time when a line in the sand needs to be drawn and people need to vote with their feet if they want things to change. Keep on doing what you've always done and you'll keep on getting what you've always got.

I just hope that at some point, enough is enough and the majority at least rap in their season tickets.

If they still want to go to games, or pick and choose their games, then fine. But the club clearly takes the regular season ticket income for granted.

Also, when supporters have paid their £500 hard earned for the season ticket, it is probably harder to justify staying away. Hopefully once they are going/paying game-to-game and if things don't improve, it'll be easier to stop going/stay away until the message hits home to the fat man.

Like KI said I've no problem at all people going to games, but if people hate Ashley and complain about the way he runs it and still go, I don't get that.

It's part of their lives. Sounds corny but it's true.

Aye, it's like I understand both sides to it. If people fancy throwing their ticket permanently then fair do's, there's been enough s*** served up to more than justify that decision, but the others who persist and still go, well then ok. It's the club they support, the match is like oxygen to them. People just love going to watch Newcastle, no matter how terrible it's gotten (including Ashley haters).

I'm not sure if a few low gates would affect Ashley but it's a fruitless debate anyway as it'll never happen. For every non renewal there's someone waiting.

For me, there hasn't been enough pressure placed on Ashley for a sustained period of time. The lads/lasses who ran SackPardew did it for long enough for the media to catch on and the same needs to apply with Cashley. Only, with this fat c*** it needs to be a bit more excessive. He won't be at half the games so it won't get to him half as much, or even at all.

Not turning up to fixtures would be the last attempt for me. I don't believe in boycotting unless it is going to be done large-scale. For me the perfect protest would be to get everyone who is boycotting, not to go in the ground, but to go to the ground, and sing for the team from outside. Problem being, no c*** sings anyway these days.

I know for a fact some will oppose me in my area of the ground, but I feel like I am in a "f***ed off" enough position now to not really give a kick in the c***. I will be singing anti-Ashley songs, whether people like it or not. I just need to think of some new songs... ( :lol:)

You cannot treat the fanbase like morons just because they choose to continue. In one sense it is defiance. The same way you cannot blame people for jacking it in. That too is defiance. Ashley needs to collectively be defied in one way. The right way, will unfortunately never be decided.

This could all go very wrong for and him and them.  They really are not in a good financial position - piss off the one remaining thing that could be worth something (the fans) and I don't really see what is left of Rangers that is worth anything at all (apart from History and the ground).  Ok, he is hardly in for a load of cash (relative to his wealth) and most of that seems to be in the name of SD anyway.

The way this has come about really does not seem right at all.  Sure it will all come to a head very soon and hope it does.

I see the Premier League payments for last season have been publicised.  We earned £13.5m  last year for finishing 10th, if he pockets the £3.5m he earned from The King's compensation we only have to drop to 13th this season to only earn £9.8m so that £3.5m is lost.