Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

They would fall in love just the same I imagine. I can't remember who we were playing when I went, how good we were or what was going on off the pitch. I just came up those stairs into the floodlights at SJP and I was absolutely blown away.

Of course I was lucky to grow up in the Keegan era after that.

I long to take my boys, but not to this version of NUFC. The oldest his first game was Gateshead and he loved it. My mate his son has an ST, he's 14 and while he loves the Toon he also enjoys seeing the top players turning up at SJP like Aguero for example who is his fave player. I remember when I was a teenager, although I idolised Cole, I also loved QPRs Sir Les, Blackburn's Shearer and Saints' Le Tissier. It was all about the football as a bairn.

It still is for him and it's getting harder and harder to keep on saying 'no, we're not going out of protest'. He just wants to watch Newcastle... :undecided:

One thing is, that we might see the day-trippers tail off next season, with no PL football to entice them. I remember our first home game back in the Championship, in 2009 pulling in 36000 (a 3-0 home win v Reading - Shola treble)

It was televised, that's why. It was back up to 45K plus soon after. Our gutless support will turn up whenever/whatever, man.

Must take some guts to boycott from Manchester or wherever like. Lionheart.

I can see 25K attendances next season if Rafa doesn't stay on as the die hards are gone, a lot of the old timers too and as said a big number of the day trippers will f*** off. 

This is what I was getting at in a previous post. We need to have the fans all pulling in the same direction and really get at the throat of Ashley and his set up until he gets the message and sells up. For as much stick as they get from some quarters I think Liverpool fans are a brilliant example of what can be achieved if you keep plugging away. Back when we were protesting against the likes of Shepherd and Souness it was basically for one, two matches tops and then that was it. It needs to be relentless until something is achieved.

Guest chopey

I'd had a season ticket in the Gallowgate for years and last year my son who had only getting into football a year earlier asked if he could get a ticket, so I got a couple in the level seven family section and he loves it. He hates in when we lose and we have great conversations on the journey home. I asked him if he still wants to go next season and he said "of course".

I need Newcastle United in my life, not to line Ashley's pocket, or to support the amateurish regime, or to happy clap players that couldn't lace Shearers boots, or to buy a Wonga shirt. I need it for me and now for my son.

I long to take my boys, but not to this version of NUFC. The oldest his first game was Gateshead and he loved it. My mate his son has an ST, he's 14 and while he loves the Toon he also enjoys seeing the top players turning up at SJP like Aguero for example who is his fave player. I remember when I was a teenager, although I idolised Cole, I also loved QPRs Sir Les, Blackburn's Shearer and Saints' Le Tissier. It was all about the football as a bairn.

It still is for him and it's getting harder and harder to keep on saying 'no, we're not going out of protest'. He just wants to watch Newcastle... :undecided:

I've been bang up for taking him under the Rafalution, while everyone was up for it and pulling together.  I even said, while Schteve was in charge, that we'd get season tickets when we were relegated. Felt like the pressure would be off, might see some decent games.

However, now we've seen a good manager in the hot seat - I'm just not sure I'm up for the inevitable disappointment of him going and being replaced by Nigel Pearson.

I can see 25K attendances next season if Rafa doesn't stay on as the die hards are gone, a lot of the old timers too and as said a big number of the day trippers will f*** off. 

This is what I was getting at in a previous post. We need to have the fans all pulling in the same direction and really get at the throat of Ashley and his set up until he gets the message and sells up. For as much stick as they get from some quarters I think Liverpool fans are a brilliant example of what can be achieved if you keep plugging away. Back when we were protesting against the likes of Shepherd and Souness it was basically for one, two matches tops and then that was it. It needs to be relentless until something is achieved.

I think Liverpool fans have unfortunately had their success at this kind of thing galvanised by tragedy.

One thing is, that we might see the day-trippers tail off next season, with no PL football to entice them. I remember our first home game back in the Championship, in 2009 pulling in 36000 (a 3-0 home win v Reading - Shola treble)

It was televised, that's why. It was back up to 45K plus soon after. Our gutless support will turn up whenever/whatever, man.

Especially if we are around the top of the league which we most probably will be.

Shut it, Wongaloid

I'm home at least 15 weekends a year. Be the easiest thing in the world for me to keep going to the games.

I don't expect any credit for not going. I just expect other people to do the same because it's very blatantly the best thing for our club.

Well Mike Ashley said last season that if we got relegated he'd do whatever it takes to get us promoted (he'd be insane not to given the money on offer). Who knows, maybe Rafa will stay, be given full control and he'll rebuild the club. Winning every game in the Championship under Rafa would be a good thing to take your kids to. Positivity and expecting to see wins would be a nice change.

Over to you Fat Mike. You know it makes sense.

Mike Ashley is a malignant tumor that has ravaged the club. In his nine years here he's proven himself to be nothing more than an absentee landlord, at the best of times, and a pimp, whoring out the club for the benefit of his own interests, at the worst. I'll have no expectation for anything good to come to us so long as he's involved with the club.

Who here actually goes to the match? if its a yes you have no right to moan about him as you knew exactly what you where paying for when you bought the ticket

Mike Ashley is a malignant tumor that has ravaged the club. In his nine years here he's proven himself to be nothing more than an absentee landlord, at the best of times, and a pimp, whoring out the club for the benefit of his own interests, at the worst. I'll have no expectation for anything good to come to us so long as he's involved with the club.

Say. No. More.

"Penny wise, Pound foolish" fits Ashley's ownership of NUFC.

The fees wasted on the likes of Thauvin, Cabella, etc. would have easily paid for a top manager's wages, the redevelopment of the training ground, refurbishing SJP, employing quality coaches at all levels and an experienced, competent executive board.

The most frustrating thing is he could have made a little profit every year while having a decent set up designed to compete. His penny pinching and short sightedness has ended up costing him millions and made him very unpopular.

Hopefully he'll persuade Rafa to stay, give him what he needs and leave him to it.

As for what relegation will cost him, stick it on the tab Mike. It's your fault for employing incompetent people and you owe the money to yourself anyway. What's another £50m or so?

Guest chopey

I'm all for sticking it on the tab, I'm just a bit confused how he's been here for years and according to the pundit's he's spent millions and yet our tab that we owe him is exactly the same as when he first walked through the door.

I'm all for sticking it on the tab, I'm just a bit confused how he's been here for years and according to the pundit's he's spent millions and yet our tab that we owe him is exactly the same as when he first walked through the door.

It's not the same, it's doubled.

I thought it was £129 million and its always been that ?

It was something like £70 million if memory serves.

Edit:

Gross debt has therefore been cut by £21 million from the peak of £150 million, but this is still £52 million higher than the £77 million debt Ashley inherited in 2007.

Source: http://swissramble.blogspot.nl/2015/04/newcastle-united-in-rut.html

The fees wasted on the likes of Thauvin, Cabella, etc. would have easily paid for a top manager's wages, the redevelopment of the training ground, refurbishing SJP, employing quality coaches at all levels and an experienced, competent executive board.

The most frustrating thing is he could have made a little profit every year while having a decent set up designed to compete. His penny pinching and short sightedness has ended up costing him millions and made him very unpopular.

Hopefully he'll persuade Rafa to stay, give him what he needs and leave him to it.

As for what relegation will cost him, stick it on the tab Mike. It's your fault for employing incompetent people and you owe the money to yourself anyway. What's another £50m or so?

Has it actually cost him anything? It's cost the club millions as far as I'm aware, the only thing he will lose out on is premier branding for Spurts Direct.

Has it actually cost him anything? It's cost the club millions as far as I'm aware, the only thing he will lose out on is premier branding for Spurts Direct.

Well it's cost him in so far as he owns NUFC so any money NUFC misses out on he misses out on. As for the £129m debt the club owes to him, who cares? He owes the money to himself. It will no doubt take an astronomical amount of money to buy NUFC off him anyway so a bit more debt to him doesn't make much difference.