Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Every ground in the country is either in an area like that, or alternatively in a post-industrial wasteland where there is absolutely fuck all.

We're almost completely unique and very lucky to have a city centre stadium that backs onto Leazes Park, grade 1 listed Georgian terraces and is in walking distance to... well everything that the city has to offer. You'd struggle to find a better stadium/location combination anywhere in world football tbh.

That said the St James' car park is a bit of a dead space and Kanji is right that there is a lot of potential for development there. Not least expanding the stadium and improving the Metro station. But not more identikit student accommodation or soulless retail to recycle money.

Whilst I agree on how great the location of the ground is.  I think you are missing quite a few decent grounds off, by saying 'every ground in the country.'  Most London teams have stadiums in decent areas.  Well, sometimes they're a shithole, but you have good drinking spots nearby.  Spurs is the worst and have always hated going there on an away trip.  But I always enjoy Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham.   

I found Liverpool and Everton pretty decent, as well.  I suppose you might be suggesting that the area is a wasteland, though :lol:  Norwich and Ipswich are well located, too.  Within walking distance of a load of bars or the town centre itself.

It does seem that most newer grounds, are in the arse end of nowhere, in a middle of an industrial estate, surrounded by shit food joints like Frankie and Benny's, KFC and Subway

Shocking news, I expected him to live in a council flat and own a Citroen Saxo tbh

Fair play to the cheeky chappie. Whilst most of us were fantasising over pulling a Swedish looker (was that early 80s TV programme called Annika?--loved that girl :-/ ) he was doing it. Earned a decent wedge along the way as well, apparently.

• 1 month later...

£810m :lol:

Biggest load of bollocks ever man. There are Premier League clubs available for far less money, I dare say you could buy the likes of Spurs for that much. For us to cost that much you would need to include Ashley's loan, possibly the land around SJP which apparently belongs to Ashley now and not the club, and then half of Sports Direct.