Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Has Ashley actually ever invested in the club?

- Buying the club is not an investment as he should get his money back

- He has made loans to the club but wants that money back.  Plus he is being paid in kind by the free advertising his shop receives.

- Land that was previously owned by the club is being developed by him as a private venture.

- The club has lost millions in two entirely avoidable relegations because of the decisions he has made.

- He has lost the club millions in commercial revenue and exactly where does the revenue from merchandise goes.

- Gate receipts have fallen - not for altruistic reasons - but to address falling attendance and to manipulate a positive image

I am not one who thinks he should put his own money in but I hold him entirely accountable for the current financial situation.  He has never invested in the club in the way it is portrayed in the media but he has consistently damaged the financial health of the club and continues to do so.

It's obvious the plan for the Summer window was to nark Rafa off enough for him to walk and then do the boom bust cycle with another puppet in charge just willing to tow the party line.

It's in our best interests for Rafa to stay and play politic bingo now.  The longer he's here, the more erratic the Ashley gang will become.

Just thinking about somebody asking for a refund on their ST and wondered what the situation would be if every fan demanded a refund.

Obviously The Fat One would refuse, but if legal action was taken, with everybody represented as one, would it stand much chance in court?

I guess anyone defrauded by buying a ticket to watch "70M" of new signings would need Rafa and his people to testify against the club. So you might get your money back, but Rafa would be a dead man walking and the club would hire another Pardew yes man.

fwiw, I think this is much worse than what happened to KK because we have a specific budget Rafa was told he had and many specific examples of cheap players he could have spent it on. Unlike KK, Rafa is supposed to have control over transfers.

Is it the Bundesliga were there is a "plus 1 rule", or something similar? Meaning fans hold a 51% or majority share of a club, to stop fat cunt owners like Ashley not investing and backing the club with football related income.

Whatever it is, the PL and EFL need it introduced.

I've been trying to mobilise some co-workers because their terms and conditions are changing for the worse without our consent, and it's almost an impossible task. The apathy of folks and lack of appetite to try to force change is incredulous. The same has happened and will continue to happen with Ashley, unless there is a seismic change in that attitude to just go along with things, then we are stuck with him until he gets the money he wants for it to be beneficial to walk away.

Has Ashley actually ever invested in the club?

- Buying the club is not an investment as he should get his money back

- He has made loans to the club but wants that money back.  Plus he is being paid in kind by the free advertising his shop receives.

- Land that was previously owned by the club is being developed by him as a private venture.

- The club has lost millions in two entirely avoidable relegations because of the decisions he has made.

- He has lost the club millions in commercial revenue and exactly where does the revenue from merchandise goes.

- Gate receipts have fallen - not for altruistic reasons - but to address falling attendance and to manipulate a positive image

I am not one who thinks he should put his own money in but I hold him entirely accountable for the current financial situation.  He has never invested in the club in the way it is portrayed in the media but he has consistently damaged the financial health of the club and continues to do so.

Absolutely this. He's also gone on record saying his plan was always to invest 20m a year and only two years ago "to continue to invest", both of which haven't happened unsurprisingly. He has taken money out though (a repayment for part of the debt).

Sport Direct share price when he took over - £1.99

Current share price - £3.88 (It has been as high as £9.22)

Obviously you can't measure how much of that is due to his exposure from us but it's not a coincidence.  He's had more than he has specifically put in imo, including the money to buy us and prop us up after our first relegation.

Is it the Bundesliga were there is a "plus 1 rule", or something similar? Meaning fans hold a 51% or majority share of a club, to stop fat c*** owners like Ashley not investing and backing the club with football related income.

In Sweden we have the 51% rule, the fans (if they turn up for the clubs meetings) have 51% of the votes when big desicions are to be made. The fans can also call for a meeting if they for example want to get rid of the chairman. Then every member or shareholder can vote and the majority decides. No one can own more than 49% of the club as 51% is "owned" by the fans. The fans can vote on who will be the chairman and a lot of other things too.

Only problem I see with this is that no one want to put in big money to the clubs as they cant decide on their own what the money goes to. But I think it would work better in England where the tv-deals are so big and the league generates more money for the clubs than in Sweden.

Is it the Bundesliga were there is a "plus 1 rule", or something similar? Meaning fans hold a 51% or majority share of a club, to stop fat c*** owners like Ashley not investing and backing the club with football related income.

In Sweden we have the 51% rule, the fans (if they turn up for the clubs meetings) have 51% of the votes when big desicions are to be made. The fans can also call for a meeting if they for example want to get rid of the chairman. Then every member or shareholder can vote and the majority decides. No one can own more than 49% of the club as 51% is "owned" by the fans. The fans can vote on who will be the chairman and a lot of other things too.

Only problem I see with this is that no one want to put in big money to the clubs as they cant decide on their own what the money goes to. But I think it would work better in England where the tv-deals are so big and the league generates more money for the clubs than in Sweden.

I agree. Would at least level the playing field.

Now clubs are far too dependent on the owner.

If every ST holder throws in £10k, we could buy out Ashley.

nee chance of that- but theres something like 2 million facebook followers, so if you could get them involved the amounts drops massively. Still no chance tho- many fans in the ground are content with nothing.

Guest neesy111

Newcastle fans owning the club wouldn't be much better than Ashley owning it.  Fans can never agree on anything as this forum shows.

Aye, it wasn't a serious suggestion :lol:

Although cp40 is right - we are well supported enough to have 250,000 supporters that could throw in £1,600 each which would be enough to buy him out. Works out even less if you let some people throw in more for a slightly bigger percentage.

Just needs someone else with a bit more wealth to front the group and the time to take it on.

The only downside of course is the club would need on-going investment.